I got the Priori in...

Splash

And that was one of the more painful experiences of my life.

I knew I could not get it in behind the driver, which was my intent. So, I decided to give it a go behind passenger and just sell it if it didn't work out. The seat has to be very far forward, but it's in there. It was a NIGHTMARE to install. Because of my car, not the seat. Although once the anchor strap got to a certain point, I could not pull it any tighter even though there was still slack in the belt. But I made it work somehow.

Basically, it involved me standing on the floor of the back seat, with one leg thrown OVER the back of the car seat so I could stand in it. So, I was basically straddling the thing from behind, with my butt pushed up against the front seat, and pulling with all my might.

I am not taking that thing out. I'm still gonna try an EFTA and TrueFit (maybe... if I get around to it) and maybe see if I can work it to use the basket without the base for a few months until I can install the BV more upright. Whatever I do, though, I'm taking Charlie's seat out and trying it there. I'm not moving the Priori unless I know that I am getting rid of it because I have something better.

I know seats that aren't tethered wobble at the top. I know it's normal. I know it's the belt path that matters... but I hate the wiggle! It is very secure, though. I am confident in the install.

I still :love::love::love: the seat.... and I can't blame the install solely on the seat... but it was a complete PITA to install. This was last weekend and I still have bruises.

ADS

MissAllyLou

Pics? We had one come through a check a week or two ago, and MY GOSH was it a PITA. We had to use a locking clip!

Kat_Momof3

yes, we need pics.... but I don't think any good install should require standing in the seat (wondering how that even works... but maybe it's my fat butt that makes it impossible for me)

Maedze

I was messing around with a Priori in Target a few months ago. I don't know if I was doing something wrong but I could not for the life of me get the straps through the top most harness position and then get them back on the splitter plate. I had the seat reclined and the harness snaked out the side of the seat and still couldn't do it. What was I missing :confused:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I was messing around with a Priori in Target a few months ago. I don't know if I was doing something wrong but I could not for the life of me get the straps through the top most harness position and then get them back on the splitter plate. I had the seat reclined and the harness snaked out the side of the seat and still couldn't do it. What was I missing :confused:

Did you open the little "harness cover door," or just pull the harness out sideways?

I have a love-hate relationship with that seat. More toward hate, but I'm starting to like it more.

Maedze

Did you open the little "harness cover door," or just pull the harness out sideways?

I have a love-hate relationship with that seat. More toward hate, but I'm starting to like it more.

I don't think I saw a 'harness door' so that was probably it :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC