Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

rf recline angle

I've seen a few posts that hint that it's safe to have them more upright than 45 degrees. Is this true? How old should they be to do this? My 8.5 month old has reflux and I know he'd be much more comfortable if he were a little more upright. He's in a Companion right now, which would be impossible to get more upright. We had a heck of a time even getting it to 45 in my Sienna bucket seat. It wanted to be like 50 or more.

But I have a Boulevard coming soon and I'd like to install it a little more upright if that's ok. How upright would you suggest? THanks!

Wendy

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

It can definitely be more upright. Actually, you probably won't have to do anything special. Most convertible seats are more upright when installed, and people use pool noodles, rolled towels, etc to make them recline more. If I install Charlie's BV in either of our vehicles using the anchors, even in recline mode, it is still almost completely upright and I use the tether to recline it some. He prefers being upright, and it fits better and is safer for him.
    Once they can sit up unassisted and have good head control, then it's okay to do it.

Unregistered
    Great! Thanks! I can't believe I never knew that! That would have made it so much easier when the 2 yo was rf.

Wendy

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar
    I've heard it shouldn't be more upright than a 30 degree angle (a bigger number means it's more reclined), so anywhere between 45 degrees and 30 degrees is acceptable.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche