Pics of Infant in TrueFit PIC HEAVY

MOM25BOYS

I thought it would be great to post some pics of how an infant fits in the TF since alot of the pics we see are of older DC's who's parents are looking for extra room for ERF. So I took DS5 out for a photo shoot this morning!:) I am really impressed at how he fits with and without the infants pillows. Without the headrest I had a good 3 inches between the back of my seat and the TF. Once I snapped the headrest back on it just touches the back of my seat. Sooooo here are my pics of DS5 who stats are.....

6 months old, 16lbs, and 27 inches in length

TF without headrest and with infant support padding

P1010057-1.jpg

With the infant support the straps go right behind his shoulders and give him a snug fit.:thumbsup:

P1010058-1.jpg

P1010060-1.jpg

TF with headrest and No infant support padding

P1010063-1.jpg

Without the infant support the straps fall right dead even with his shoulders.

P1010064-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the buckle which is straight flush with is body without the infant support. I noticed with the infant support that the strap was pushed a little more, but still was not under him.

P1010065-1.jpg

I feel he got a great fit both ways and I am really excited to try a New TF with the ARB when they hit the market next year!:D

ADS

kate4478

great pics! thanks for sharing, lizzy! i think this is the first pics i seen of an infant in a TF. He looks swallowed up in the seat with the headrest on. but other wise seem like a really great seat that will last a long time.

MOM25BOYS

Looks great! You are having tooo much fun!

Yes I am!! :D Thanks to you Arly! :love: I am going to see next if this will fit center on the 3rd row without making it impossible for the boys to buckle their seats. :thumbsup: I love playing musical car seats.:p Even though I have a TON of things to get done before Homecoming at church tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Kat_Momof3

great picks!! can I just say that I think the seat dwarfs infants with the headrest? I wouldn't use it till they are close to having to have it on, IMO.

now... anyone got pics of newer babies?? Like a newborn or 2 for seeing how bad the fit would be??

MOM25BOYS

great picks!! can I just say that I think the seat dwarfs infants with the headrest? I wouldn't use it till they are close to having to have it on, IMO.

now... anyone got pics of newer babies?? Like a newborn or 2 for seeing how bad the fit would be??

My thoughts exactly!:thumbsup: I just can't see a newborn or infant younger than DS, unless they are just a bigger kiddo than my dwarf, fitting in this seat properly. Even with the infant support which is to help infants reach the bottom slots I just can't see it IMO.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks Snowbird!:thumbsup: Now that is a peanut in those pics and I am just amazed that he actually is at the bottom slots.:)

All things considered it actually fit him pretty well - though I think a newborn may be better off without the head support and using rolled towels instead. Might allow his head to lay flatter? It's not bad the way it is, I'm just not sure how helpful the extra head support actually was. ;)

MOM25BOYS

All things considered it actually fit him pretty well - though I think a newborn may be better off without the head support and using rolled towels instead. Might allow his head to lay flatter? It's not bad the way it is, I'm just not sure how helpful the extra head support actually was. ;)

Yep, I have found that to be true with alot of convertibles that I have tried with the infant head pillow.;) You can usually get a better fit without them. The only exception I have found is with my DC and the infant inserts. They don't push DS5's head forward as much as the TF pillow did so thats why I left it off in the pics.:)

Kat_Momof3

is it just me?? i think the ones of the newborn look overreclined.

I do agree the headrest pushed his head forward... just the big pad would have been enough.

New grandma

The newborn pic was of my grandson and I did adjust the recline a little. However the deep angle of the inside of the seat skews the perception of angle from the outer shell.

I used the folded paper test to readjust it but it wasn't a large change. I also did end up taking the extra pillow from behind his head. I felt it fit a newborn as well as his infant seat did but fit even better as he was a few months old.

Kat_Momof3

thanks for the info.

Yeah, I think it fit really well... I wasn't sure if the recline was fine or not... the other thread didn't seem to have a resolved decision on it.

I'm glad it got figured out, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC