I did it! Frontier beside RF MA

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Okay, I went outside at 10:20pm in the dark and it was chilly out (4'C) to install my Frontier. I really wanted it in the middle with the lapbelt with my MA RF behind the driver. I love having DS beside DD so he can stick her soother in or play with her.

So here are my pictures of my Frontier in the middle of a '96 Accord with a lapbelt (so a SBP install) and a top tether beside a RF MA. Let me tell you it wasn't an easy task but it was by no means impossible.

Drivers side:
October013.jpg

Passenger side:
October016.jpg

Head on (please excuse the dirty car):
October018.jpg

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Great job Julie. :D

Now we'll have to watch for a report of what your ds thinks.
I think it's so cool that he helps out by putting the soother into dd's mouth. Here's hoping the big brother helper/protector stays around after she starts getting in to his toys. :p ;) :cool:

Neatfreak

That's really encouraging! From your experience, do you think that you'd be able to get the Frontier in the outboard position and the RF MA in the centre, as well?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
That's really encouraging! From your experience, do you think that you'd be able to get the Frontier in the outboard position and the RF MA in the centre, as well?

I'm not sure. I only have tried the Frontier in the middle. Although I don't see a problem with it outboard but I don't see the MA fitting in the middle RF.

Also, I don't think the RN won't fit behind the passenger with this set up.

Melanie

Your post has perfect timing for me. I'm putting these same seats/same configuration in my 03 Altima very soon. I believe the back seat is about the same size as yours. From the picture, it looks like there would be room for a passenger next to the Frontier. Is that true?

MOM25BOYS

Great pics Julie!:thumbsup: My SIL has a '95 Accord and I have always wondered which seats I could configure back there if I ever needed to drive it.:p

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Your post has perfect timing for me. I'm putting these same seats/same configuration in my 03 Altima very soon. I believe the back seat is about the same size as yours. From the picture, it looks like there would be room for a passenger next to the Frontier. Is that true?

It would be tight but I think there would be room for someone to sit back there. I briefly put my RN in there but didn't install it. Just wanted to see if it would fit. It fits but I don't think it would install very well because the side of the back seat sort of come around the person sitting there making a "lip". Because of that "lip" I don't think the RN would sit flat against the seat back.

If anyone is wanting to know if the RN fits I could possibly try it one day this week if it isn't raining :rolleyes:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I think it's supposed to rain tomorrow... and rain/snow on Sunday...

:ROTFLMAO: Of course it is :rolleyes: I figured if I was going to try an install it would rain or worse *gasp* snow :crying: I wanted to do a Fall family picture still so hopefully the fallen leaves will perk up again after the snow melts :whistle:

DH is playing football so I will likely be out and about and I need to take the Frontier out to raise the harness straps. So as long as it isn't pouring and DD naps well then I will try it if the rain isn't too bad otherwise it might have to wait until Monday when it is supposed to be sunny and a tad warmer then now.

On a side note, I had to turn my heat on the other night :crying:

featherhead

Yeah, we had to turn the heat on too. We found out the other day that we have next to no insulation in our ceiling... no wonder it cools off so fast in here!

Yeah, that was totally off topic! I hope the Radian fits in there for you. By the way, which seats do you all have??

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC