What's the difference in Recaros?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

The Signo has rigid headwings and an infinite adjust harness height (it's on knobs like the Britax Boulevard). The Como has large head pillows that are required for babies, but optional for older children and actual harness slots.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I've never even seen a Como, but we love our Signo. The infinite adjust harness is really nice and DD has plenty of growing room. The headwings are perfect, in that they don't get in the way and DD can see around them without a problem. They also make great pillows for her and we don't have problems with head slump when she falls asleep.

crunchierthanthou

the signo also has a much nicer LATCH system than the como.

you can read my review of both of them here:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=34034&highlight=initial+review+signo

oh yeah, LATCH bars! I knew I was forgetting something.

Did you see that Recaro is going to non-handed LATCH (meaning there is no upside down, so no switching on the seats with bars)? I heard from someone who went to a recent Britax training that they are doing the same. It must be a new development from IMMI.

southpawboston

Did you see that Recaro is going to non-handed LATCH (meaning there is no upside down, so no switching on the seats with bars)? I heard from someone who went to a recent Britax training that they are doing the same. It must be a new development from IMMI.

that seems like the next logical step. wasn't there an engineer/dad some time ago (i think he had an escalade?) who commented that he thought that from the design of the alligator clips, it *should* work both ways equally well? perhaps all it took on IMMI's part was actually testing to verify that idea with no major change to the clip design.

that will allow people to very easily switch from RF/FF without that whole rigmarole of re-looping the straps. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC