UPDATE: What do you think your next seat will be?..BUMP WERE YOU RIGHT?...

emandbri

I'm going to save the link to this post and bump it up in 6 months to see if people guessed right! :D

I was planning to buy a frontier for Benjamin but with all the issues it has had I'm now thinking maybe a nautlis instead. Waiting to see if the bugs on the frontier are fixed and waiting to see what new covers the nautllus comes in.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS
U

Unregistered1

Re: What do you think your next seat will be?.....

Oh this is tough. Neither M or A will need another seat, ever, I hope, because M has the Frontier and A has the Nautilus. SO. I'm guessing that the next thing I buy will be one of the following, in order of likelihood.
Something expired at a garage sale (always grabbing that stuff up)
86Y harness (if frontier gets too tall to fit in car before M five step tests)
Scenera (I have no good RF seats of my own, thinking of getting one on sale just because, or for someone else)

christineka

A booster of some kind, unless I calm down and become rational. Which is also highly likely since I am not quick to spend money- just to think about spending it. Although, even if I don't buy one soon, that will be the next seat to buy anyway. Maybe I'll buy the fisher price booster or maybe the monterey. It depends on whether I buy sooner or later and whether a monterey fits in my vehicle. Or maybe I'll find something else...

Gypsy

Senior Community Member

Well, I got a Frontier today, DOM 8/4/08 and everything that could be wrong with it, is wrong with it.

I'm going to hold onto it for a while to see if Britax decides to start fixing these issues and then get them fixed.

I got a great deal on it, and don't actually need it until February when my ds turns 4 - it's one of his birthday presents.

The next seat I'm going to buy is a Radian XT, after that I think I am done until ds outgrows the harnesses on his seats (Radian XT and SafeGuard), and then they will be replaced with whatever booster is new/wonderful on the market.

I'm getting divorced and will be relying on my mom and brother to transport my kids on a regular basis and I need to have both kids seats worked out for at least 2-3 years 'cause I'll be broke, and after I get the Radian and sell the Decathlon, each kid will have 3 seats that will last at least 2-3 years or longer.

Neatfreak

Sometime in the early 2009, we'll probably pass DD's MA down to her impending sibling as it will have two years left before expiry, and she'll ride in a Frontier or a Nautilus. I know she'll prefer whichever seat is "prettier" ...

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Well, we need seats for DH's car and DD2's Marathon expires next year. So, I imagine we will get another Nautilus for DH's car, and either a Signo or a TrueFit to replace the MA. Hopefully by tax return time there will be a super cool new seat out that I can get instead.

Holly

The next time I will need a seat will be when my new baby outgrows the keyfit. My plan is to move him to the FPSVD RFing and buy another Radian 65 for Abby to use. I decided on that over a Marathon because the top slots are a little higher and I like the lower profile of the seat so the kids can climb in easier. I love my Radian now, the only thing I don't like is the non removable harness which will be different on the new models.
I may even get the Radian XT for the extra head protection, since I will have 1 Radian in the center and the other outboard.

If for some reason we get our van before baby outgrows the bucket, then I will get a Regent for Hannah and pass the Radian on to Abby.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

With any luck the Nautilus. I'm going to be so disappointed if it doesn't work in my truck after watching all you US folks play & take pictures for the last year. :p

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

My daughter is 6.5 and has at least a year (I think) in her Radian harnesses. The next seat I will NEED to buy will be a booster, and right now I'm thinking it will be a SK Monterey.

If I'm feeling flush financially and am overwhelmed with longing over a girly Nautilus or (Britax, are you reading?) Cowmoo Frontier, I will consider getting one of those instead.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member

Well the next seat I will need is a convertible for my baby---even though I have a Scenera for daycare use.

Right now I'm thinking that I want the True Fit with the anti-rebound "bar".

Susan

pastrygirl

Hopefully a Keyfit or Safeseat (or Snugride32), if I can get my hands on some of that water. :whistle:

bobbysgirl7103

I don't expect to need a new seat for awhile. But the next one we will probably get would be a HB booster. My DSD is getting very tall and already on the top slots of her Regent. I'm not sure how long she will last in it, but I'm hoping to get at least another year. It all depends on if her legs or torso grow in her next growth spurt.

Or we may just get a HB booster anyway because our 2 HB Turbo boosters expire in May. So we won't have anything in DH's truck then. And he will need something if the kids ever have to go with him.

arly1983

Hmmmm, no idea....Ive tried them all...pretty much except for the Frontier but I saw that in IRL and I have no desire.

Probably a radian XT or Safeguard or Nautilus.

TerisBoys

If/when we get a second vehicle I'll be shopping for seats for it. Since I don't know what it is, I can't really say a specific seat :)

RJB78

CPST Instructor

I'm getting a Monterey next year for dd2's back up seat. She's still got another 1 1/2-2 years in her Regent.

Dillipop

Seeing as I just picked up a companion for a baby we haven't conceived yet and we have eleventy million seats, I probably won't be getting any new seats any time soon. The only thing we may need is another good HBB, if we decide to move DS1 out of the harness (highly unlikely!) And since we already have a parkway, FP booster, high back turbo, and nb turbo, we could probably make one of those work.

NannyMom

I'm hoping the next seat I buy will be a True Fit, with rebound bar. I keep telling myself I don't need a pink scenera, but it's sooo tempting.

natysr

I won't need a new seat. But, when and if a buy another seat within the next year it will likely either be, a Trufit, a Nautilus, or a Frontier. I have yet to see the Frontier in person.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC