Program Code R7C (Ford tether retrofit)

stannius

Can someone PM me the file and/or look up the part number for a 1999 Ford Ranger (Super Cab XLT). I have been driving my daughters around for years in it without knowing that I was supposed to have had it tethered.

ADS

aggiemom

Are you putting her in the back or the front seat? I think the phone # to Ford is in this thread somewhere. They are who gae me the part # & Ford service dept instructions for installation.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Can someone PM me the file and/or look up the part number for a 1999 Ford Ranger (Super Cab XLT). I have been driving my daughters around for years in it without knowing that I was supposed to have had it tethered.

There are no rear seat tether point retrofits. 2 retrofit spots for the front are marked with drill dimples and slots on the back wall. Part number is E6TZ-13613-D20-A.

stannius

Are you putting her in the back or the front seat? I think the phone # to Ford is in this thread somewhere. They are who gae me the part # & Ford service dept instructions for installation.

Despite it being called a "super cab" it doesn't have true rear seats, only jump seats, in which of course I would never attempt to install a car seat. Thanks for the part number @ketchupqueen!

Cmorris13

Hello! I am new to this site. I have tried to pull up the pdf file that has been mentioned previously but since I am new i cannot access it. I just bought a 1994 F-150 supercab or extended cab. It's a two door with a backseat. Anyway, I was wondering if i can get the pdf emailed to me or if I can get the part number for the tether point for my vehicle so I can go to Ford to get it installed.

Thank you!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hello! I am new to this site. I have tried to pull up the pdf file that has been mentioned previously but since I am new i cannot access it. I just bought a 1994 F-150 supercab or extended cab. It's a two door with a backseat. Anyway, I was wondering if i can get the pdf emailed to me or if I can get the part number for the tether point for my vehicle so I can go to Ford to get it installed.

Thank you!

Hi!

You shouldn't need the pdf. They can look up the bulletin with the number.

The retrofit for a 94 Super Cab with full back seat will be installed on 3 weld nuts on the back wall. (To tether in the front seat center you may attach to the center back lap only seat belt if it is not in use.) The part number for those retrofit anchors to attach to the 3 weld nuts is F85Z 15613D74-AA.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Hello, my apologies. Your account was stuck in moderation but it is approved now. You should have access to downloads in the public forum areas now. Thank you again and welcome to Car-Seat.Org!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, does anyone have a part # for a 1995 Ford F-150, made January of 95. Waiting to get my account setup. Thank you!

Hello and welcome. Ford top tether anchor retrofit part number F85Z 15613D74-AA is listed in the LATCH manual for 1992-1999 Ford F150 models (Super Cab, all types).

C

crowls

Hello, can anyone give me the part number for a 2000 Ford Ranger? Also, has anyone had success with finding these parts? I've called a couple of dealers and from what I can tell these parts are no longer made and I cannot find them anywhere by Googling various part numbers listed on this thread. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The top tether anchor retrofit part number is the same or slightly different from earlier Ranger related posts upthread depending on the body style of your 2000 model year Ranger. The top tether anchor retrofit part numbers and notes listed in the 2017 LATCH Manual for 2000 regular or supercab Ford Rangers for retrofitting their front seats with top tether anchors are:

1985-2000 Ford Ranger regular cab - Ford top tether anchor retrofit part number E5TZ-15613D20-A

1986-2000 Ranger super cab models - Ford top tether anchor retrofit part number E6TZ-13613D20-A

Notes: Front seat, passenger (2) top tether anchor points are marked by drill dimples and slots on the back wall. Passenger side airbag: On-off switch on all models with dual air bags; see Ranger Owner's Manual for information.

Also as noted upthread previously, if your Ranger is equipped with second row seating, the second row seating equipped Ranger supercab models cannot be retrofitted with top tether anchors for carseat installation upon those rear/second row vehicle seats. This is because any Ranger's second row vehicle seats are side facing, and child carseat installations are only allowable by carseat and vehicle manufacturers upon forward facing vehicle seats, not on side facing vehicle seats.

U

Unregistered

Could anyone possible tell me where the rear anchor point would be in a '99 Mustang convertible? The anchor kit is no longer available from Ford and I dont know where to look to see if it is installed in my car. Thank you!

aporthole

Could anyone possible tell me where the rear anchor point would be in a '99 Mustang convertible? The anchor kit is no longer available from Ford and I dont know where to look to see if it is installed in my car. Thank you!

If your car had been retrofitted by a previous owner, the tether anchors would be on the cargo area floor. It is pretty rare to find vehicles with retrofitted tether anchors though so I would not anticipate them being there.

This car can be tricky overall for kids/car seats but we can definitely help problem solve if you're able to provide more information about the situation.

What are the ages and sizes of the kids that would be riding in this car? Is this the primary use vehicle for the kids?

johnavo

Hello, is anyone to provide the part number for a 1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Ed 4x4? My dealership is pretty clueless as well. I also registered, just waiting for approval for the pdf.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm currently missing my LATCH Manual but bumping this up for you. I'm not sure whether parts are available for that model or not- their stock is running pretty low now.

a007852

Can anyone tell me if the program to retrofit a 1997 Ford will still cover the cost to install the parts? We were able to find the parts we need, but the installation and cost has me worried.

marcelor73

Can anyone tell me if the program to retrofit a 1997 Ford will still cover the cost to install the parts? We were able to find the parts we need, but the installation and cost has me worried.
Install of a tether anchor is pretty simple once you find the parts. It's usually one bolt to attach. I have found that experience varies greatly from dealer to dealer. If one charges you, call the next one and see if they'll do it for free.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC