How does the OTO fit my son?

Mods - posting on the Canadian forum because Oto is a Canadian seat, but feel free to move if it belongs somewhere else.

Does this booster fit my son? I need a booster that DS (almost 6, 42+ lbs, 47" tall - not sure about torso height, but he has about 1/2" left in the top strap position of the RN) can store in his cubbie at school on those days when he needs to go home with someone else. I'm not thrilled with him in a backless, but nothing else will come close to fitting in his cubbie. I picked up a Clek Oto after seeing how well it fit CDNTech's son, who is about the same size as mine. I trust he'll sit well, as we've practiced "being a statue" and he is safety conscious. He's in a RN in our car and a PW in my parents. He does just fine in the PW.

I like the lapbelt fit, but is the shoulder belt too close to his neck? He says it’s comfy, and I’d like to think it would be perfect for short trips, but obviously I’m not going to use it if it’s not a good fit.

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

What do you think?

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I would be comfortable with that fit for a p/t seat. I worry a lot more about the lapbelt position than I do the shoulderbelt position. As long as the shoulderbelt is running across the clavicle and not running too close to the neck or outside of the shoulder, it's fine. If there won't be another seat next to the booster, you can also shift the booster within the belt path to help adjust the shoulderbelt fit a little bit.

-Nicole.

Thanks! My thinking was the same, but I do feel better knowing that someone else has taken a look at it.

What a great little seat that Oto is! I love how well it positions the lapbelt. Too bad it's been discontinued. This one has a 10/2006 DOM, but I managed to talk the price down a bit, so I think it's worth it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC