Carpooling issues

augustgirl69

My 3 yo son who weighs 34 lbs is going to start car pooling home from PS next week- just 1 day. IHA a boulevard, an evenflo tribute and a no back booster. I would be willing to buy a highback booster.

Here's my dilemna- I'm not sure the other mom can put in a 5 pt harness correctly- she does have latch, but it IS time consuming to get a carseat in correctly so I am considering a high back booster because for some reason I feel like an incorrectly installed 5 point would be worse than a correctly used booster.

Am I right?

ADS

skipspin

If he was over 4 or over 40#s I might consider a booster depending on the child, but if it was my son I would only use a booster in an emergency. He is just well below the recommended minimums (not the manuf. minimums, but the AAPs and Safekids IIRC.)

Does the mom have to uninstall the seat regularly, or can she leave it in most of the time?

My DD is quite mature, but I didn't let her ride with someone else in her booster till she was over 40#, and over 4 years old- even in a Parkway. I find just like I can't trust others to install a seat the right way, I can't really trust them to make sure my child sits the right way the entire time either. Add that to the parent that will say, "Oh, the only seat left is a lap belt since I have another extra kid today. I can put the booster there..." Thankfully, My DD has been educated by me on that one. LOL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC