How do my kids look in their boosters?

christineka

I took my girls out to look and take pictures.

Dd #1 (one of those autistics who would rather not be photogenic)
The lap belt seems kind of high and the shoulder belt looks like it is too close. She's a smidge too tall for the next headrest position down.
ebooster.jpg

efpbooster-1.jpg

Dd#2
The lap belt appears to fit right, but the shoulder belt looks close to the neck.
cbooster.jpg

cfpbooster.jpg

Do you think either booster looks better? Or are they both fine?

Last edited:
ADS

abacus2

Honestly, I don't think the belt fit looks that bad on either girl. I'm also not sure that the Turbo offers any advantage over the FP in terms of SIP.

melniemi

Are the armrests in the lowest position? That would bring the belt a little lower and you might be happier with the fit. I know it helped a lot for my son when I lowered them.

tiggercat

I think those look fine. Maybe a titch close to the neck on the shoulder belt, but the lapbelts look like they are touching the thighs.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Based solely on your pics, I'd be perfectly comfortable with either booster for either child.

barnmama25

I personally think they look like they are getting a better fit with the Fisher Price boosters. Do they adjust in the back and do they become a backless (thinking about something for my dad's truck)

christineka

The headrest has an infinite adjuster, so it isn't positions like the turbo. It becomes backless and has a permanently attached belt adjuster. (Or at least, I haven't figured out how to get it off.)

I've been staring at the dummy pictures of what is a great fit and what is not. The girls in the turbos don't look like either picture, but in the fp booster I think they do. Perhaps that is why the high back turbo was only a "good bet". I could easily switch boosters since the turbos are worth enough to get new fp seats. Although, I had wanted something with better sip like a parkway or a monterey... At least for the child who sits by the window. I wish I knew how my girls would fit in a parkway. Maybe I could just get one. Or maybe they are fine in their turbos...

kirsty

are you the one thats got a vdeo of your kids strapping them self in there car seats on you tube?

by the way your kids look fine in those seats

Kat_Momof3

to the op... the fit looks the same to me on both... and I think they both fit well.

to the pp that asked - the fpsv booster does adjust to become backless.

Here are some pictures of my kids using boosters... though they are older pics.

Next week, I'll take Jeffrey to BRU and play photographer with boosters (must buy batteries for camera first)

Note - Jeffrey has the belt so right on his legs in some of these shots that you may not see where it is... but I assure you, it is always being worn.

Jeffrey in the FPSV booster (he is now too tall for this booster unless used backless)
DancingJ1.jpg

Jeffrey in the Cosco Highrise Backless (he was 6 but did not fit well... even with the shoulderbelt all the way down on its lowest setting... he since got bigger and used it (when he outgrew the FPSV before we got the Monterey), but I can't find any pics of him using it as a main seat.

Jeffreybackless2.jpg

Damian in the Cosco Highrise
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...Seats/?action=view&current=DCoscoHighRise.jpg

as you can see, he's now too tall to use a booster back there.

And here is Jeffrey in the Monterey
PostgameHotandsweaty4.jpg

scatterbunny

I think they look fine in both. :thumbsup:

I have a Turbo and FPSV booster, too, and I do prefer the shoulderbelt guide on the FPSVb, the Turbo adjusts taller. My daughter is pretty much too tall for the FPSVb now. :( I also think the Turbo's wings are a bit more substantial than the FPSVb.

I also have a Parkway, and it adjusts significantly taller than the Turbo, so it's quite a bit taller than the FPSVb, too. I am pleased with the belt fit, as well. H has to sort of "wedge" herself into the seat, though, because of the way it's shaped (narrower at the back/butt, wider toward the front/knees). I love the SIP wings, though, and she loves them for comfort.

If you'd like any comparison pics of my dd in these boosters, just let me know. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC