Where can I buy a different cover for a snugride?

McMartin5

My cousin offered to let us use her new, never used snugride for baby # 3. I had wanted to buy a safeseat, but I can't pass up a free seat.

My only hesitation is I'm not a huge fan of the cover...silly, I know! The cover is like a tan/black plaid and I'm pretty sure the seat is black, but I'm not sure. The seat would work for a boy, but I think I'd prefer something different for a girl it I can find it. The seat is front adjust.

Is ebay an okay place to buy one?

I know not to use a custom cover!;)

ADS

BW1426

Yes, ebay is a perfectly good place to buy a manufacturers cover.

Make sure you pay close attention that you're buying a front adjust 5 point cover.

ETA: I just looked on ebay and I'm surprised. There is practically nothing. And the ones they did had were nothing special. Just keep in mind when you're purchasing a new cover that you can get a brand new safe seat for under $100. And, Graco is discontinuing the Safe Seat line so you may be able to find one clearanced out in the next few months.

Good luck!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm pretty sure the seat is black, but I'm not sure.

Did Graco ever have a black shell? (I'm not sure either. :eek:) Make sure you know exactly what model the seat is before you buy a cover so it will fit properly. Check the DOM of the seat too - expiry is based on when the seat was MADE not whether/when it was used.

HTH :)

McMartin5

Thanks! I checked out ebay too and wasn't really impressed. I'm not due til March, so I've got a while. We don't even know the sex yet. So, if its a boy I may just keep the current one.

Oh, I didn't relize that they were dicontinuing the safeseat line. I've got my eye on a Kasey seat if its a girl. Good to know!

o_mom

If you aren't upset about super matchy, you can order through Gracobaby.com. Find the model number of the cover you like and put that in the parts ordering page along with a made up date of manufacture. The basic cover is like $30 + SH, but if you want the canopy, head support, etc, it can be $40-50 or more + SH.

o_mom

Thanks! I checked out ebay too and wasn't really impressed. I'm not due til March, so I've got a while. We don't even know the sex yet. So, if its a boy I may just keep the current one.

Oh, I didn't relize that they were dicontinuing the safeseat line. I've got my eye on a Kasey seat if its a girl. Good to know!

They are not really discontinuing, just rebranding. The SafeSeat1 will become the Snugride 32 and have a 32 lb/32 in limit. I don't know how much they will discount or clearance out, though some retailers will for sure.

McMartin5

Did Graco ever have a black shell? (I'm not sure either. :eek:) Make sure you know exactly what model the seat is before you buy a cover so it will fit properly. Check the DOM of the seat too - expiry is based on when the seat was MADE not whether/when it was used.

HTH :)

I looked at gracobaby.com and there were two snugrides on there with black shells. So they must make them, but not many. There is a really cute pink/black seat on there right now that I've love for a girl.

My cousin seat was sold as part of a double stroller travel system from BRU and was purchased in summer 07.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC