Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Good back up booster?

Currently Katie has a Turbobooster in DH's car. She only rides in there once in a blue moon so I'm OK with her being in it on those rare occasions. However, I'm not OK with how it fits her and I never have been (the lap portion is close to being over her tummy instead of her hips, the shoulder fits right). I HATE the seat as it is (I just don't like how flimsy it feels and that every time I pick it up the back comes off ) so I'm trying to figure out what's a good back up for her.

What would you use for a back up booster that would be used maybe a few times a year? Obviously I want it to fit her well. She's 41" and 40 pounds. Not at all chunky and mostly torso.
    DD#1 - 4 years, 39#, 41" in a Graco Nautilus (5-point)
    DD#2 - 3 years, 29#, 36" in a Sunshine Kids Radian
    DS - 2 years, 27#, 34" in a Sunshine Kids Radian

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Good back up booster?

Make sure that the armrests are adjusted so that the lap belt stays as low as it can... that may help.

The arms are on the lowest position.

It depends on how much room you have in your car. Some great, but wide boosters to look at are the Sunshine Kids Monterey and the Britax Monarch. Your dd seems a bit small for the Monterey still, though. Some people think they tend to fit bigger kids better. But it's hard to know without trying it out in person. There are 1 or 2 websites with Britax Parkways still for sale. That's a really great booster for smaller kids and it's skinnier, so it usually fits well if you need to do a 3-across situation. A lot of people like the Compass boosters too.

HTH!

DD1 13y 5-stepsDS1 12y 5-steps
    DD2 9y IncognitoDD3 7y Pink Monterey
    DD4 5y FF Flora RN XTSLDS2 3y RF Red RN XTSLDS3 Cowmoo Britax Chaperone

Thanks! It's just a back up so the SK isn't an option (though I will get it when she outgrows the harness on her Nautilus) since it's pretty pricey. I LOVE the Parkway but DH is anti-Britax (don't ask ). I'll have to check how she fits in the Compass in person.