Evenflo Triumph

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I had my 13 pound 4 month old daughter in her sister's old Triumph Premier for a short period of time. It fit her horribly--

1) The crotch buckle dug into her stomach--as I tightened the harness the top part of the buckle would tip inward and press deeper and deeper in her tummy.

2) The chest clip is wider than her chest, and the shoulder straps are too widely spaced. When she falls asleep, she slumps to one side, and the opposite shoulder slides out from under the harness :eek:. The first time this happened I just thought my DH buckled her in wrong, but it has since happened several times after I checked and double-checked the straps. They are simply too widely spaced, and no matter how tight the straps.

Because of these issues, I had to put the baby in her sister's Marathon, and my 2 yo was in the Triumph. The 2 yo outgrew the Triumph RF at 18 months, so I was forced to have her FF.

ADS

thepote

We had a Triumph purchased in May 2004 for my then 5 month old ds2. He used it until summer 2006 when he realised that he could pull up the cover on the sides and pick at the foam -- AND EAT IT :eek:

Called Evenflo and they sent a new 2006 seat that has more cover clips so the child can't access the foam. By then we had ds3, and since ds2 was outgrowing the Triumph by height we moved him to a Marathon. But when we tried ds3 in the Triumph, his shoulders were way too narrow (he was about 3 months old) and the harness didn't fit him well at all.

Also, we had to install it RF on the captains chair of our new van (2005 Odyssey), and the knobs were very squished into the seat to the point where it was nearly impossible to adjust the harness. :twocents:

CarSeatPoncho

Could I respectfully request that this thread be retired or amended somewhat? The Triumph Advanced, with its higher shell height and higher RF and FF weight limits address many of the concerns mentioned here. Readers who start reading this thread would not get a fair impression of the Triumph Advanced, and might be discouraged from reading to the end of the thread. They would miss out on a great option, imho.

We love, love, loved out Triumph every single day we used it, even if he outgrew it at 3.25 yo after two years. We never had a problem with the side adjust knobs, RF or FF.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Can we just start a new thread for the new Evenflo Triumph Advance seats? The old style Triumphs will still be available for some time, and I think people would appreciate knowing the pros/cons of each seat--I wish I had read reviews like this before I bought our seats!

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Anyone can review a new seat. Just follow the guidelines in the sticky at the top of this forum page.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC