Graco Cargo booster w/ LATCH?

NannyMom

I thought I'd heard in here the the Graco Cargo can be LATCHed in booster mode. I was talking to Graco last week about a few things, and just asked about that. SHe said no, it's never been crash tested that way. I have a manual from a 2003 CG, and it says nothing. Has Graco verified that yes it can be done? Or am I imagining that it's been discussed here?

ADS

scatterbunny

Graco reps have confirmed at both the Lifesavers Conference back in April and at the recent ABC Kids show that both the Nautilus and CarGo may be LATCHed in booster mode. It sounds like you just got an uninformed rep, unfortunately. Maybe call back and ask again, and educate them if they tell you the same thing? Tell them they need to check with someone higher up. :twocents:

Carseatblog.com entry about Graco rep saying LATCHed Nauti and CarGo in booster mode is A-OK

NannyMom

Graco reps have confirmed at both the Lifesavers Conference back in April and at the recent ABC Kids show that both the Nautilus and CarGo may be LATCHed in booster mode. It sounds like you just got an uninformed rep, unfortunately. Maybe call back and ask again, and educate them if they tell you the same thing? Tell them they need to check with someone higher up. :twocents:

Carseatblog.com entry about Graco rep saying LATCHed Nauti and CarGo in booster mode is A-OK

Thanks. I was thinking it was just misinformed rep :) Info I see on here is usually pretty good :) I will call again and see what they tell me. The mother of the kids' friend has a GC LATCHed in booster mode, and the tech told her it had to be LATCHed and done tight (which I've already asked about here) :rolleyes: Now I will pass the info on to her.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
We have been getting wishy washy info from Graco on the CarGo using the LATCH in booster mode. I was at Lifesavers back in March and I too heard the rep & an engineer (who stood up from the crowd to confirm the CarGo statement).

Then a few months ago I called Graco CS to verify for a parent I was working with locally and was told "No, The Cargo can only be top tethered when in booster mode." She did say the GN could be used LATCH'ed in booster mode. So, At the higher up's did pass down that info.

I just wish the correct info would be placed out there and kept consistant. LOL!!! I know pigs would fly before that happened. We call all wish for something. :D

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I emailed the engineer a while back and confirmed that latch could be used, after we heard it at Lifesavers.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I emailed the engineer a while back and confirmed that latch could be used, after we heard it at Lifesavers.

By chance do you still have the email or the engineers name? I would like to get confirmation directly from him/her so I can forward it on to the mom I worked with. I know she would be happy to know she can use LATCH with her CarGo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC