Britax Roundabout vs recommendations...

anne123

First, english is not my first language so excuse my writing...

I'd uby a Britax Roundabout for 50$ less then the Marathon. At this time, i'd think that it was because it's an old version of this car seat but I know now that it's because he are smaller...

Britax dont have any site yet for Canada.. So I go to the USA site and they say that with the Roundabout, the child can goes to 40 inches rear facing AND forward facing. But on the sticker of my car seat, the warning says that the child could not goes on the rear facing if he are more then 76,2 centimeter tall!!! Eummm, I'm confusing because the recommendations here is more you can leave youre child rear facing, better it is for is safety!! My son have 9 months old and he is 73 cm tall!! I dont want to place him in forward facing before is first birthday or before he can walk...!!

What is your experience with the Roundabout?? Do you really take this advice seriously? At what time do you place your child forward facing??

Thank you..!!!

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Your English is much better than my French! :)

You can use your Roundabout rear-facing height-wise until there is 1" of hard shell above your baby's head. Once your baby's top of his head is almost (within 1") at the top of the seatback, then it is outgrown for rear-facing height. If your baby reaches the maximum weight limit before the maximum height limit, the restraint is also outgrown rear-facing. At either of these times you can either use it forward-facing (depending on your child's age), or purchase a seat with a taller shell and/or higher rear-facing weight to continue rear-facing. Obviously, we recommend that you keep your child rear-facing as long as possible, and at times this means purchasing another seat.

Please post any additional questions or if you need additional clarification, let us know.

-Nicole.

macbump

Bienvenue!

On peut utiliser le Roundabout jusqu'à ce qu'il y reste 1 po. de coque dur en haut de la tête du bébé. Une fois que la tête du bébé dépasse ça, il ne fait plus dedans pour rester dos à la route. Si ton bébé dépasse la limite de poids maximale avant que la tête arrive en dedans du 1 po. du bord de la coque, le siège est également trop petit pour rester dos à la route dans ce siège-là. Lorsque celà arrive, tu peux soit l'utiliser face par en avant, soit acheter un siège plus grand ou avec une limite de poids supérieur pour dos à la route. Évidement il est fortement recommandé de garder son enfant dos à la route le plus longtemps possible et oui, parfois ça équivaut à un achat d'un autre siège, malheureusement.

Si tu as d'autres questions, n'hésite pas de les poser! :)

anne123

Thank you very much for your answer!! :)

Macbump, merci pour la traduction!! C'est gentil!

And if someone have this car seat for his child and can tell me how long they can leave his child rear and forward facing, i'll appreciate..!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC