My New SafeSeat Just Arrived

AlishaNC82

I ordered a Portica SafeSeat for my DS who is due in November and FedEx just delivered it. :D I had a Fusion SafeSeat for my DD, but sold it to a friend since we were moving at the time. I can't wait to install it in the car. There is a small hole in the seat cover from the warning tag they attached to the car seat cover. I know probably no one would notice except me because I know that it is there. Do you think Graco would do anything about it? It is brand new and I hate for there to be any imperfections.

ADS

ame0312

it cant hurt to try... you never know... i wouldnt worry too much about it though! have fun with it! i want one really bad... no baby for it though, not yet anyway!

Chameleon

Absolutely say something, I wouldn't expect anything less than a perfect seat. They should send you a new cover since it's under warranty. BTW, what exactly does that cover look like? I've never heard of it?

barnmama25

They should send you a new cover for free. I called about my Nautlis's connector strap breaking on the back cover and they sent me a new one in a week (it was about 3 months old when I called).

canadiangie

Mmmm, that's a very nice cover indeed. I think it's my all time fave SS1 cover actually. It's so soft, both in colour and feel. It's very nice... enjoy! :)

AlishaNC82

Yeah, I really like the fabric. It reminds me of the Britax fabrics. I wasn't too sure about it when I saw it online, but finally found a store that carried it that I could see and feel the fabric in real life. I will post some pics later after my daughter goes to sleep and I install it.

I know I am going to have to put the seats outboard because my daughter is just too fascinated with babies and won't leave DS to be alone, but should I put her on the passenger side or the driver's side? Any ideas/opinions?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I had that SS1 for my DD as well. I know I have a better photo then the stock photo . . . I just have to find it.

Personally, I would put the baby behind the driver and the toddler behind the passenger. One reason would be if you ever park on the road your toddler is getting in and out on the passenger/sidewalk side of the street.

ETA I found the pictures. IRL this is a really nice pattern. I love it :love: Here they are:
image.jpg
image.jpg

AlishaNC82

Thanks for posting the pictures Jewels. I still haven't had a chance to install or snap some pictures.

I called Graco this morning and they said they would send a replacement cover as soon as they came in stock next week. I thought they would a least want a picture or something, but she just said no problem we'll send out a replacement right away. I was so happy. Now I will have a spare for those inevitable accidents.

G8r4evr

Funny you should mention that...our Safeseat cover had a small imperfection when it arrived too. My hussband thought I was being petty, so I never said anything, but it is annoying to pay that much for something and not have it be perfect. Was ordered it from BRU online.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC