Sand in BV buckle

Milkie&Cookie

So DD is a total mess. LOL She LOVES playing in the sandbox at daycare. Usually DH picks her up and he's smart and remembers to take off her shoes and socks before he puts her in the car seat. I am not so smart. :( Twice in the last week, DH has had to work late so I've picked up the baby. Both times she dumped out her shoes which were full of sand. Now the buckle in her BV is all gritty and full of sand. And yesterday when I got home one of the buckle tongs (sp?) was out! :eek:It didn't click. Since then, I've been pulling and checking to make sure its in there, but I'm freaked out.

How can I get the sand out. I haven't uninstalled the seat yet to shake it. Is it irreperably damaged? I hope not - its so stinking cute. I have an extra moo cow Marathon that I could use, but I like her pretty purply seat. :love:

ADS

TerisBoys

Your manual should have instructions for removing and cleaning the buckle. It's really not difficult.

Found it - it's in the "Care and Maintenance" section of the manual - what page depends on your seat's DOM.

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
If you have a water pik that can squirt water in the buckle and flush it out..or a good water gun may do the same thing...or if you have an oral syringe to squirt water in there with :D

Stresch

My daughter gets sand in her Marathon buckle (often). I just rinse it (per the instructions-basically hold the buckle under running water) and it helps a lot. Compressed air might work too, but I've never tried it.

It makes a horrible gritty sound with the sand when I am buckling. That alone makes it worth cleaning.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC