"Kmart Won't Honor ICIP Certificates"

U

UlrikeDG

"Kmart Won't Honor ICIP Certificates"

Kmart Won't Honor ICIP Certificates
Mon Apr 15, 5:30 PM ET
story.news.yahoo.com/news...ar_seats_2

TROY, Mich. - Kmart Corp. on Monday said it won't honor car seat certificates distributed through the International Center for Injury Prevention because it said the center owes the retailer more than $250,000.

The certificates were part of a program launched in November 1999. Under it, state and local agencies, hospitals, HMOs and insurance companies could purchase special certificates from the international center and distribute them to families needing child car seats.

Kmart distributed 33,760 car seats through the program.

The certificates were redeemable at Kmart stores. Families could exchange them for one of three Cosco child car seats, and the center then reimbursed Kmart.

But Kmart said the center has been delinquent for more than 90 days in its reimbursement of redeemed car seats. Kmart also said it doesn't know how many unredeemed certificates have been distributed because the center hasn't returned phone calls.

A message left Monday with the center, based in Stevens Point, Wis., wasn't immediately returned.

Kmart filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection Jan. 22.

ADS
C

Caviller

Re: "Kmart Won't Honor ICIP Certificates"

I am filing a complaint for the $250 they took from me for advance conference registration and refuse to return.

They still haven't directly notified me of the conference cancellation, which would be the expected courtesy.

U

UlrikeDG

Oh, ick! I hope no one actually goes, not knowing it's cance

canceled!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC