Does Britax take the return?

pregodego2

I bought the Frontier from babyuniverse.com
It isn't what we need for the long run, we have it sitting here in the box and nothing to do with it. I have listed it on several places for sale and no one is calling. I am even offering it for $30 less than retail! Im sick to my stomach and losing sleep over $250 sitting in a box, and my son not in a 5-pt harness until i get rid of this one.

BU.com is saying i need to pay the shipping back to them, which is a heck of a lot of money! I am losing so much by doing that. So i have been trying to call Britax all afternoon and the 1-877 number keeps hanging up after only one ring. Now they are closed. Do they take returns from other online stores? Will i have to pay shipping to britax if they do take them back?

I'm freaking out here.

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
If you bought it from babyuniverse, you'll need to return it to babyuniverse. Britax is not an online store, and they won't take the return for a retailer.

BW1426

Yes, the only way you wouldn't have to pay shipping for a return is if they told you they offer free shipping or you bought return shipping insurance. It's unfair to expect them to take the hit of the return shipping when you simply don't want it. There's nothing wrong with it.

And no, Britax doesn't except returns from online merchants.

You're going to have to sell it on ebay and take what you can get. You'll also have to eat the shipping cost because no one is going to buy a seat off of ebay for the same price that they can buy one from an authorized seller.

Not what you wanted to hear. Sorry. You're going to lose money, it's just the way it is. and the benefit of buying in person and not online.

pregodego2

Yes, the only way you wouldn't have to pay shipping for a return is if they told you they offer free shipping or you bought return shipping insurance. It's unfair to expect them to take the hit of the return shipping when you simply don't want it. There's nothing wrong with it.

And no, Britax doesn't except returns from online merchants.

You're going to have to sell it on ebay and take what you can get. You'll also have to eat the shipping cost because no one is going to buy a seat off of ebay for the same price that they can buy one from an authorized seller.

Not what you wanted to hear. Sorry. You're going to lose money, it's just the way it is. and the benefit of buying in person and not online.

to the bold: Any store i have ever bought from online offers return shipping paid.

to the italicized: there's absolutely no way i will ever sell on ebay. i hate ebay and won't pay to ship to anyone.

I'd much rather sell to someone locally.

ps. i did know what brick and morter meant, and it wasn't a benfit to buy from the store when they cost $280 there but were on sale online, plus giving away a gift card incentive (which yes i have offered along with the carseat to whoever buys it)

crunchierthanthou

If you bought it from babyuniverse, you'll need to return it to babyuniverse. Britax is not an online store, and they won't take the return for a retailer.

:yeahthat:

this is why we always recommend trying a seat before ordering it if at all possible, or at least ordering from a store where you can return it locally (Target is great) or an online retailer that offers return shipping insurance. You're right that $250 is a lot to have tied up in a seat that isn't working for you.

what issues are you having with it? if it's installation problems, maybe we can help out.

BW1426

to the bold: Any store i have ever bought from online offers return shipping paid.

to the italicized: there's absolutely no way i will ever sell on ebay. i hate ebay and won't pay to ship to anyone.

I'd much rather sell to someone locally.

Best of luck. A frontier is going to be a tricky thing to sell locally, depending on your community. Hope it works out for you.

One more point, the longer it sits around, the less you're going to need to sell it for because it is losing life. It won't be a dramatic hit because it's only 9 years, but it's still something to keep in mind.

mamabear

i hate ebay and won't pay to ship to anyone.
You do know that whoever wins the bid on Ebay, pays for the shipping as well?? The way you said it, it's like you think you have to pay for the shipping upfront. If it's new in the box I don't think you'd have any problems selling it on Ebay if you have no local buyer.

Shipping on the Frontier can be as much as $55.00 one way. If the seat was shipped for free to begin with, then asking for return shipping free is asking the retailer to take a $110.00 hit for the privilege of making a seat essentially unsaleable (or at least discounted because the seat is no longer in a clean or undamaged box).

Free shipping on seats in my opinion is going the way of the dinosaur. Retailers can no longer afford to provide such a deep discount and still make a profit. If there is no profit, the line will be dropped, no matter how good or in demand the seat may be. :twocents:

capeKO71

First - it's not that much to ship a britax frontier. I ship huge boxes with strollers weighing more then a frontier for less then $50.

They key is to go to fed ex directly and ship ground. You just tack on insurance. A lot of it depends on where it ships to. I always put "continental US only" in my auctions. I'm in MA - so worst case scenario is someone in CA gets it. I find if you list something on ebay so that it ends around 8-9PM in whatever time zone you are in, then most likely, the person winning will be closer to you.

I just checked frontiers online, and they are getting about $225 or so on ebay. I think you said you got it on sale... so hopefully that wouldn't be too much of a loss. I'm not sure where you are, but for fed ex ground for me being in MA, I would put this for shipping in the auction "$25 shipped east coast, $35 shipped mid-west, $45 shipped west coast"

And I'd just keep the gift certificate or sell it on its own.

You can keep trying craigslist - maybe try to reach out to some other areas that are close enough to you that someone might want to drive to get it.

I just did a quick search, and it doesn't seem to be on sale anywhere right now - so NOW is a good time to do it if you can. If you don't you'll be up against the November sale that I've heard about... and your chances of getting rid of it for $225 will be slim.

Also - why are you selling? Was it just not a good fit in your car? Do you need help trying to get it to fit?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
BU.com is saying i need to pay the shipping back to them, which is a heck of a lot of money! I am losing so much by doing that. So i have been trying to call Britax all afternoon and the 1-877 number keeps hanging up after only one ring. Now they are closed. Do they take returns from other online stores? Will i have to pay shipping to britax if they do take them back?

I'm freaking out here.

Shipping is a heck of a lot of money, which is why retailers don't want to absorb the loss for a non-defective item. (And, as others have written, you need to deal with the retailer.)

pregodego2

First - it's not that much to ship a britax frontier. I ship huge boxes with strollers weighing more then a frontier for less then $50.

They key is to go to fed ex directly and ship ground. You just tack on insurance. A lot of it depends on where it ships to. I always put "continental US only" in my auctions. I'm in MA - so worst case scenario is someone in CA gets it. I find if you list something on ebay so that it ends around 8-9PM in whatever time zone you are in, then most likely, the person winning will be closer to you.

I just checked frontiers online, and they are getting about $225 or so on ebay. I think you said you got it on sale... so hopefully that wouldn't be too much of a loss. I'm not sure where you are, but for fed ex ground for me being in MA, I would put this for shipping in the auction "$25 shipped east coast, $35 shipped mid-west, $45 shipped west coast"

And I'd just keep the gift certificate or sell it on its own.

You can keep trying craigslist - maybe try to reach out to some other areas that are close enough to you that someone might want to drive to get it.

I just did a quick search, and it doesn't seem to be on sale anywhere right now - so NOW is a good time to do it if you can. If you don't you'll be up against the November sale that I've heard about... and your chances of getting rid of it for $225 will be slim.

Also - why are you selling? Was it just not a good fit in your car? Do you need help trying to get it to fit?

Wow, thanks. I have just disliked the charges at ebay and since im not an avid seller on ebay, just on smaller boards, i never felt like i could make my post all fancy schmancy like others were doing. You gave me some great tips! thank you so much. I might be PMing you for help :love:

Im selling because we can get the Nautilus for cheaper and it will go backless. I didn't realize the frontier didn't go backless and therefore my tall son will most likely outgrow the height before weight even faster than most kids do that. It isn't worth it to have a $250 car seat when it does the same and even one thing less than a car seat that's only $150.

I could always use the monterey later as our backless, but still $250 is a lot to spend on a car seat when the Nautilus offers the same stuff for a hundred less.

About the shipping though, I called UPS and had them check USPS and UPS charges and i couldn't get it for cheaper that $60. FedEx is cheaper?

BW1426

Wow, thanks. I have just disliked the charges at ebay and since im not an avid seller on ebay, just on smaller boards, i never felt like i could make my post all fancy schmancy like others were doing. You gave me some great tips! thank you so much. I might be PMing you for help :love:

Im selling because we can get the Nautilus for cheaper and it will go backless. I didn't realize the frontier didn't go backless and therefore my tall son will most likely outgrow the height before weight even faster than most kids do that. It isn't worth it to have a $250 car seat when it does the same and even one thing less than a car seat that's only $150.

I could always use the monterey later as our backless, but still $250 is a lot to spend on a car seat when the Nautilus offers the same stuff for a hundred less.

Just so you know, the Frontier is the absolutely tallest high back booster you can buy. By the time you sell it and go through the hassle of shipping it, I'm not sure that you'll really end up that much ahead. I think you should weight the options. And, it lasts nine years so you'll definitely get the most bang for you buck use wise.

dhardawa

About the shipping though, I called UPS and had them check USPS and UPS charges and i couldn't get it for cheaper that $60. FedEx is cheaper?

The Frontier is under 108" and will ship USPS without an oversize fee. I ship these all the time so I know the weight and dimensions. I went to the USPS site and figured shipping from Bangor, Maine to Anchorage, Alaska (figured those were about as far apart as possible) and it was $33.

capeKO71

you're welcome - and like some others have said -you might want to re-consider. It looks like from your siggy you have a few kids - and this is the tallest high back booster on the market... so it would get your child possibly to non-boostering age. And even if it doesn't, a backless booster is like $20... you could pass the frontier (with its long lifespan... ) to your youngest by the time your older son outgrows it. Just some thoughts. But yeah - feel free to PM me if you have questions about ebay - and it looks like some other people found some cheaper shipping methods too which is awesome.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC