DD is fighting me into the regent since

ginny4

preschool started. she rides the school bus every day & she wears a lap belt. so she thinks she can get away with just a lap belt in our van. UGH. she says when we get in our van "i hate this seat, i'm a big girl.......i don't like black......james can sit in it...." blah blah blah. refuses to get in her seat til i threaten her. this is NOT the same child. who is this girl? wher edid she come from? she has loved her regent since the day it arrived in february. but now she fights me eveyr step of the way & cries & whines. it makes me very sad & annoyed. i tried talking to her abotu why its safer & she just doesn't get it. ya'll know this gal ain't getting out of the regent til I say so but if i can at least help her understand & accept it it'll make getting in the car much easier. any ideas? do you think she is too young (4yo) for the videos??

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
What videos are you planning to show her? I'd be concerned about the possibility of freaking her out about not being in a harness on the school bus.

ginny4

hmmm i def don't want her to get freaked out & not ride the bus.
i was thinking of the booster vs 5pt one with the dummies (i ahve to find it on utube 1st tho). i also don;t want her to feel that her brothers in boosters are not safe either. this is not easy is it? ugh i so don't knwo what to do. i just wanna help her understand that i only have her in the 5-point cause i want her safer

BW1426

I'd try ignoring it for a couple days. Don't buy into the show she's putting on. It may or may not help remedy the situation. I've noticed that some of the kids that freak out about being harnessed or being RFed get over it if I make a serious effort to not emotionally involve myself in their tantrums regarding their seat. A lot of times I think they see that I'm getting frustrated by their behavior and that just makes it worse.

MorgieBear'sMama

DD has made comments since she's realized that kids at school don't ride in seats and tells me that she doesn't like a "car seat" she wants a "big girl seat". What I tell her is "I'm sorry, mommy loves you very much and wants you to be as safe as possible".

SPJ&E

I would do a search on here or see if someone has the link to the album of older kids harnessed, especially in the Regent. That way she can see other "big" kids sitting it and maybe not feel so bad.

If that doesn't help, I'd ignore it too and just let her know that no matter what she says or does, she's still riding in it. You could try rewarding her with stickers when she gets in her seat without protest or maybe a new toy or book at the end of the week.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC