Whats the deal with this seat? The good bad and ugly!!

ADS

Maedze

That seat doesn't have a front adjust, I wouldn't buy it. Rear adjust seats are a pain in the neck and parents never bother to tighten them properly.

mykidsmylife

I wouldnt be buying it. It would be given to me for free.
What do you mean by rear adjust??
I guess I could just ask her. LOL. I know it is installed correctly so she knows..

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
As far as I know, Evenflo still requires 1.5" of space between the handle and the seat, which makes it very difficult to install in most vehicles.

Your link goes to a Discovery seat, not an Embrace. The Discovery is a total PITA. It has a "lip" on the base that makes it more difficult to remove from the base. The harness is a PITA. The handle is a PITA.

Never mind on the note about the Embrace vs. Discovery. I see you fixed it. :)

mykidsmylife

As far as I know, Evenflo still requires 1.5" of space between the handle and the seat, which makes it very difficult to install in most vehicles.

You link goes to a Discovery seat, not an Embrace. The Discovery is a total PITA. It has a "lip" on the base that makes it more difficult to remove from the base. The harness is a PITA. The handle is a PITA.

Okay you made it sound like a PITA overall. LOL. I use my infant carrier as a carrier when my kids are sleeping so I DEFINETLY cant have something that is a PITA to get out.

Thanks..

mykidsmylife

TO adjust the harness tension, you have to pull on the straps in the back of the seat instead of between the baby's legs.

Oh yeah.. That is what both of my snugrides have. I HATE it...

I wish that I had my Central Park snugride but I sold it thining we were done. It was the PERFECT seat... :(

MissAllyLou

I just wanted to add that it's a total PITA. The bases are kinda wonky, feel flimsy, are hard to get in tight, and then like the PP said, the seat gets stuck in them a lot. If I had to choose between a snugride with a rear adjust and a discovery, I'd take the snugride hands down.

HEVY

Really cute cover :)
I personally don't have any issues with a rear adjust, but other than that I don't know anything else about the seat.
Love that cover :D

cpsaddict

I'm another one that cannot get that thing out of the base for anything. I do think the seat is overall better than the Embrace and I prefer the Evenflo rearadjusters to the Graco rearadjusters.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
What is the DOM of the seat? All Discoveries made before February someting of this year are recalled. The recall "fix" is an absolute joke - basically you have to attach the seat to the base with a LATCH-like strap every time you install it - and I can't imagine that you would be happy using it. There are a couple threads with pics of the fix, which I'm sure you could easily find with search.

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, I have pics of the "fix". Oh, I went off on Evenflo for that, lol. Such fun.

To sum it up, there is no good with the Discovery, just bad and ugly.

CaseyRN

I was at a large consignment sale in my area and was looking at all the nasty carseats b/c I just knew some were expired. Came across an Evenflo one and I could not for the life of me get the carrier off of the base. I must have struggled for 3-4 min b4 it came out! Then I couldn't even find an expiration date or even DOM! Arghh!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
With all the issues that Evenflo has had with this seat, I just could not put my child in it if I had a perfectly good snugride. I LOVE cute seats as much as the next person but in this case I would have to go with a non-adorable snugride if the other choice with a Discovery.

Maedze

Has there ever been an Evenflo infant seat that DOESN'T have major problems :confused:

I really like the Triumph Advance but the infant seats are awful. I hate their Big Kid boosters. They are on my son's school bus and they are terrible. Flimsy and they don't fit the little kids well at all.

hunypooh77

When ds was a baby I had an evenflo because i thought the handle was a neat idea...I hated that seat!!!! The snugride I had for dd was sooooo much better and she fit in it much longer than he did in the evenflo...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC