Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

What's the difference in Recaros?

Between the Como and Signo? Why choose one over the other?

Lynne

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: What's the difference in Recaros?

The Signo has rigid headwings and an infinite adjust harness height (it's on knobs like the Britax Boulevard). The Como has large head pillows that are required for babies, but optional for older children and actual harness slots.

The Signo also has a lot more shoulder room than the Como. The Como is tight even on small kiddos

E 8y 43 lbs 58" Harmony NBB
    S 7y 52 lbs 54" Harmony NBB
    J-4y 38 lbs Graco Headwise 70 Britax Roundabout 50

CPS Technician stayinhomewithmy6's Avatar

I've never even seen a Como, but we love our Signo. The infinite adjust harness is really nice and DD has plenty of growing room. The headwings are perfect, in that they don't get in the way and DD can see around them without a problem. They also make great pillows for her and we don't have problems with head slump when she falls asleep.
    SAHM to my silly six: X (12, seatbelt), R (11, seatbelt), E (9, Evenflo Amp),
    Z (6, Frontier 85 in booster mode), G (4, FF TFP) and M (2, RF Pavilion)

CPS Fanatic

the signo also has a much nicer LATCH system than the como.

you can read my review of both of them here:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...l+review+signo
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southpawboston View Post
    the signo also has a much nicer LATCH system than the como.

you can read my review of both of them here:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...l+review+signo
    oh yeah, LATCH bars! I knew I was forgetting something.

Did you see that Recaro is going to non-handed LATCH (meaning there is no upside down, so no switching on the seats with bars)? I heard from someone who went to a recent Britax training that they are doing the same. It must be a new development from IMMI.

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    Did you see that Recaro is going to non-handed LATCH (meaning there is no upside down, so no switching on the seats with bars)? I heard from someone who went to a recent Britax training that they are doing the same. It must be a new development from IMMI.
    that seems like the next logical step. wasn't there an engineer/dad some time ago (i think he had an escalade?) who commented that he thought that from the design of the alligator clips, it *should* work both ways equally well? perhaps all it took on IMMI's part was actually testing to verify that idea with no major change to the clip design.

that will allow people to very easily switch from RF/FF without that whole rigmarole of re-looping the straps.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.