IMG_3041.jpg

DOM is 08-18-08

They have obviously addressed that issue. :thumbsup:

Oh and just for fun because I am so excited to play with it some more:

IMG_3042.jpg

ADS

canadiangie

WoW.

Good for Britax for addressing this issue so quickly. Although I'm not really surprised... they tend to be good about these sorts of things.

Heather98012

That's the problem I've had with both of my Frontiers...getting caught up in the back & not being able to move...I mean, not even budge...the harness at all until you uninstall. Hhhmmm....maybe I need to call Britax.

Has there been any resolution to the splitter plate issue though?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Jenny was playing with mine at a seat check today. She couldn't get the harness to move. We turned it around, and it was stuck again, just like the pic, but really stuck, took some work to get it to work.

I would like to get it fixed, but want the strap issue taken care of as well.

Cindy&Connor

That's great.

My sil called the other day about my the harness falling off the splitter plate and they're sending her a new harness. I have no idea if the harness is different but we'll see.

MySillyKids

that shows that they were on to that before we were. Your DOM is before the post, which means they caught it before you did! :thumbsup:

oxeye

Where did you buy the seat? I am going to order a couple pretty soon and want to make sure I get ones where this has been fixed.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
OK, I'm a moron b/c I can't remember what the back of mine looks like! I have also had the getting stuck problem when I loosen the harness. I don't do it often so it's only happened once.

How is the back different. I don't want to have to uninstall to see the back of mine!

ETA - never mind. I didn't see the link in the first post!!!

mamabear

That's great.

My sil called the other day about my the harness falling off the splitter plate and they're sending her a new harness. I have no idea if the harness is different but we'll see.

Probably won't be anything new.
They sent me a new harness last week and it's just the harness, the splitter yoke is not included.
I'm glad I haven't uninstalled my seat yet to switch it out. I'm going to call them and ask for the new harness adjuster too since they have my info as one of the people that the issue happened to, but haven't contacted me yet....

Cindy&Connor

Probably won't be anything new.
They sent me a new harness last week and it's just the harness, the splitter yoke is not included.
I'm glad I haven't uninstalled my seat yet to switch it out. I'm going to call them and ask for the new harness adjuster too since they have my info as one of the people that the issue happened to, but haven't contacted me yet....

Okay she got the new harness today and it is different. I didn't notice it at first, only when I put it on. I didn't have time to take pictures and I'm not really how to describe it but it doesn't slide off like the old one did. The loops, right where they attach to the splitter plate, are sewn together. It makes the loops a little smaller so they fit more snuggly. It also puts a little piece of fabric on one side of the splitter plate to keep the loops from turning.

mamabear

WoW.

Good for Britax for addressing this issue so quickly. Although I'm not really surprised... they tend to be good about these sorts of things.

Really? See I'm not feellin' that.
I now know of so many different scenarios that have happened as a result of this "issue".
Some people got whole new seats, some got new harnesses that were the same as the old ones, some got "new" harnesses like the PP above. If you go to Britax.com, there are no advisories published about the "issue", yet they are obviosly aware of it because they are now making "improved" harnesses (with the same old thin webbing that twists), and have a revise splitter plate/yoke. I personally spoke to a manager at Britax as well as emailed Sarah Tilton about the "issue" because it happened to me, but yet I got a replacement harness that is, as it seems, exactly like my old one:thumbsdown: Why are some people getting better results than others?
And since Britax is so "aware" of the problem and has rectified it in a couple of different ways, why are so many of us still in the dark???

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Pictures would be great. I'm having a hard time picturing in my mind what your writing out. Are the harness straps attached to each other? If so, how do you get the harness on/off?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
And since Britax is so "aware" of the problem and has rectified it in a couple of different ways, why are so many of us still in the dark???

The PP with the new harness stated that it looked the same until she put it on... have you tried yours on yet?

As with all things, this issue is not that old and unfortunately, it takes time to trickle everything down to CS and get them all on the same page. It looks like Britax may have addressed two separate issues... the splitter plate getting caught up and the harness slipping off of some people's seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC