Holy Canoli!

LuvMyCharlie

I was getting DS out of the car this afternoon and realized that the top of his head is dead-even with the top of the Britax label on his MA. Color me shocked! :eek: He'll be 15 mos. old on Saturday, and we go for his well-baby tomorrow afternoon so I can get some actual measurements. He was 31" at 12 mos. Now, here's the kicker. My kid must have a giraffe neck because he's only on the second harness slot of the MA. I always thought his torso was freakishly long, but now that I take into account harness height, it doesn't seem it could be true. Anyway, I'm just rambling. I'm still a bit in shock. I know torso growth does slow down about now, so I'm hoping we can make it until two RF. If he starts inching up, though, we're off to by a TF. :whistle: BTW, the pic in my siggy is the newest one I have, taken at 14 months.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Trust me, you have *ages* to go, even if he's an inch higher than your siggy pic. Kids really are all leg growth for the toddler/preschooler years :thumbsup: (My dd's been 'at' the second to top slots in the Radian since she was 20 months old...she's grown like 5 inches overall since then, and is still 'at' those slots, lol, but her legs look more and more folded in every picture :D)

TeacherMama

I'm with you! DD was 32" at her 12 month check-up! We had her at Urgent Care the other day, and she was almost 29 pounds!

Everyone keeps telling me that their growth slows down, but I'm starting to freak out!

I *really* want to get to at least 2 RF, but I'm thinking she will hit 33 pounds before then! I don't know what to do!

Ahzryn

Heh, hopefully he won't do what my daughter did....hit dead even with the top of the shell and THEN start growing legs! Little snot....

Least the True Fit is out now :)

rosey2007

My son is almost 30 months old and he is at the top slot on his FPSVD(similar to the MA). My son has less then an inch of space before his head is above the car seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC