Low cost combo seats

fyrfightermomma

SO a mom on my local mom's board listened and won't be putting her soon to be 4 year old in a booster. Yay! She wanted seat suggestions and wants to get both her younger kids combo seats (she reallllly wants combo seats) Here is her message to me. The downfall.....she can only spend about $200 total. I can't think of anything other than the Nautilus and that would be over the limit. Also she wanted some info on EHing to give to her hubby who wants to booster now. Any help would be appreciate, especially on seats. I can't think of many HWH seats that are combo seats
My 3.75 yo is 39lbs and 40 inches and my 2.5 yo is 36 lbs and 37inches.

I really want to get something that will work for the rest of the time. So something that will work as 5 point now and a booster later. I thought that what I bought when I got the Graco we have, but it is only 5point until 40lbs (which if I felt comfortable letting them use a booster versus a 5 point it would be fine). I also want to get the same one for both girls.

Do you have any links and documentation I can read and share with my hubby. Not that he will be against it, I just like having proof. I don't think the girls will be too upset, she is more upset about the lights than the booster part.

ADS

christineka

I would suggest one Nautilus now and get another when the younger child is closer to 40 pounds. That way she might be able to afford two.

If she has headrests she could get two Apexes for a little over $200.

keri1292

The Apex turns into a HBB, but the Nautilus is the way to go. Can one of the kiddos use a current seat until she can get another $100 rounded up to pay for another Nautilus?

BW1426

I agree with Keri. I'd buy a Nautilus for the oldest and have the youngest continue to use the seat they're in (assuming it's safe and appropriate) until she can scrape up the extra dollars.

fyrfightermomma

Thanks guys. I told her to buy the 4 year old a GN now and save up for the other if the 2 year old is in an OK seat now (seems tall so it might be outgrown, dont' know what it is)

Otherwise I said two Apex's now. I hope she goes with the GN. She told her 4 year old that on her bday she could get a booster with lights like her big brothers. Now she has to tell her she can't.

I thought the GN would help with that because while it doesn't have lights it looks the most like a booster.

BW1426

Thanks, Keri.

I'd never even think of a booster with a light being a perk unless you drove a lot during the night :scratches-head:

Irishmama

Babies R Us has two coupons right now that you can combine, a 20% off any item and a $5 off any purchase $25 or more. I got a GN for ds today for $123 before tax. And the booklight works great for night driving in the car, saves us a lot of whining from the kids that they are bored and can't see anything, but doesn't bother the driver at all.

DD1 wasn't happy about being harnessed still, she is 4 1/2 and wants to be in a booster like her cousin the same age, but when we pointed out the nifty cubbies in the arm rests and that the seat looks like a race car driver's seat, she was cool with it (and the seat isn't pink, which was her big complaint prior :) ).

Irishmama

One other thought, could she get a twins discount if she got two? I don't know what BRU policy is on that, but it's worth a try?

NannyMom

One other thought, could she get a twins discount if she got two? I don't know what BRU policy is on that, but it's worth a try?

Yes, at BRU you can use coupons AND a twin discount (10%). We got that when we bought 2 GNs for J and 2 TBs for A.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC