Spare car dilema

christineka

I can only fit 1 rfing among 3 seats in dh's car. I have 5 kids, so dh has to be home when I go out with kids in his car. (He also goes out with kids in the car.) Dh telecommutes to work 2.5 days a week (one day is every other week). In the afternoon, when 19 mo ds is sleeping, I frequently take my 3 and 5 year olds shopping or somewhere. Or I take 3 and 8 year olds to drop 8 year old off at dance. That kind of stuff. 3 year old is almost always among the kids in the car and ds tends to sleep in the house. There are also times when I have to run to the store for some essential ingredient while dh prepares dinner and would prefer to be undisturbed by the wild 1 year old and so I take him.

Dd weighs 29 pounds on our analog (not digital) scale with a toothpick taped to it. (I change my weight every time I step on it and I usually do 3 times in a row.) 5 months ago she weighed 27 pounds at the hospital. 4 months before that she weighed 26 pounds at the doctor's. She is 35 inches tall, with a 12ish inch torso.

So, I thought I'd put the 35 pound rfing seat in the car rfing and the 30 pound one ffing. Then dd could ride ff when ds was in the car and rfing when he isn't.

There is a problem, though. Dd and ds are on different slots in the avenue, which is the seat I chose to rf in that car. They are on the same slot for the scenera, but the scenera is pink. I used to have it in the car, but dd begged for her pink seat back. (With an 8 year lifespan I could not justify buying a pink avenue.) I don't mind putting ds in a pink seat, though.

I could also use the tribute. Dd still has an inch before outgrowing it by hight rfing. I doubt she could really be 29 pounds. Maybe 28 pounds.

So, I wonder. Would it be best to switch the avenue and scenera again so that dd could rf in the car? Or switch the tribute rfing with the avenue ffing? Or would you just consign the child to always ff in the car?

(The other car seat is an older titan with a 30 pound rfing limit and the kids have strap hight differences.)

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC