6 1/2 yr old RE-harnessed

VirginiaDavis

Just wanted to share, that I recently reharnessed my 6 1/2 yr old daughter, who, once it was explained how much safer she was, was happy to do it! She really loves her new Radian seat.

I thank this forum for all the stuff I have learned on car seats and while I cant go back and re-do things, I now know what NOT to do in the future :thumbsup:

I will have to get a picture of her next time we are out and share it!

ADS

jdubsm

I'm glad she's liking the seat Virginia. I will email you the pictures I took of your kiddos in their new seats. :)

pregodego2

WTG!!

We too currently are in the process of re-harnessing our 5 year old. He hasn't been harnessed since about 3. It makes such a difference once you KNOW. I have a blinky on another site that says:
uneducated people do what they are told
educated people question what they are told

It means, it's up to US to be knowledgable about..whatever! And then after asking questions, informing ourselves and being educated on something, we can then make better decisions. KUDOS to you for the effort, and big HUGS to your daughter for being on board and understanding!

What "flavor" radian did you get?

VirginiaDavis

Thanks Janet!! Janet is who installed them for me :D She even installed my infant seat, since Im like 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow hehe

They both got Radian80's. I really expected a fight from Caitlyn LOL But I think having Janet explain she was safer, was easier for her to take, then "mom" doing it ;)

I really love these seats. Its even easier for Garrett to get INTO it, which is good for me right now.

Carefulove

When I found this forum, I was about to put my kids in Turbo Boosters (at almost 5 and 40 lbs).
They now ride in GNs in my car and will stay there until they go to college! (hehe) :whistle:

I love this place!

jdubsm

who installed them for me She even installed my infant seat, since Im like 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow hehe

I taught you how to install them Virginia. I did more than normal cause I didn't want you to have to climb into the middle of your backseat given the fact that you're 38 weeks pregnant and had contractions the night before. :) After you deliver and are feeling good, we can go through it again if you need it. Your other seat was in really well though so I know you can do a great install. :thumbsup: The Radians were a very smooth install in your vehicle.

How are you feeling? Did your dh make it home?

VirginiaDavis

Yes, I know, and I really appreciating you teaching me too! I had fun hehe :D I dont think Ill have any issues with them, and I DO plan on messing with them once the baby arrives lol So, if I have any issues, I will definitely be asking you!

And no, he's not home yet :( They keep having setbacks and now he said late weds. I keep telling the baby to stay put! LOL Im packing bags for me and the kids, just in case lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC