Does anyone knows Tennesee's Carseat laws?

I just saw a picture of my cousin(on hubby's side) kids in the car.
The one is 5(a few months younger than my oldest) in NOTHING!
The 3 1/2 year old in a LOW BACK booster(I have to say though fits him very nice(ooooh I really hate saying that).... He is def. over 40 pounds.

The thing is I really don't talk to them much.... -I don't know them well. I do daycare for their other cousin(their dad's sisters kids)-she is all about carseat saftey-3 1/2 year old in Marathon, new baby due soon in a snugride

So... Anyone knows tennesee's law? I am going to see the aunt of these kids around 4ish.... so I was thinking to tell her, "Did you see their lack of seats and you should say something kinda thing"!

Thanks. Oh and wanted to say it isn't because they can't afford it-they are very wealthy! And grandpa is a neurosurgeon who helps out any of his grandkids!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
One of the best laws in the country...though maybe not advertised or enforced well enough :(
http://www.iihs.org/laws/ChildRestraint.aspx

Tennessee younger than 1 year or 20 pounds or less in a rear-facing infant seat; 1 through 3 years and 20+ pounds in a forward-facing infant seat; 4 through 8 years and less than 4'9" in a booster seat 9 through 15 years or any child 12 or younger who is 4'9" or taller $50
children 8 years and younger and less than 4'9" must be in rear seat if available; rear seat recommended for children 9 through 12

abacus2

I came here two years ago to find out what to get because my almost 3 year old was 38lbs and I knew TN law said age 4 for a booster with no exception for being over 40lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC