Question 5-Point Harness Booster Seat Recommendation?

U

Unregistered

Hello -

I currently have a Brittax Marathon (65 lb capacity) and Brittax Roundabout (40 lb). My daughter is about 37 pounds and 40 inches. I would like to replace the Brittax Roundabout with a "Toddler Booster Seat" - unless anyone recommends against this? (The Roundabout definitely looks too small for her.)

I definitely want a Booster Seat with a 5 point harness - hopefully something she can grow into. There are so many types and even some of those recommended by Consumer Reports seem to be no longer available...

Can anyone recommend one or 2 for me to help limit my research?

Also, does anyone know what the height limit is on the Brittax Marathon - I do know of the 65 pounds, but, it seems there must be a height recommendation too.

Thank you so much from a possibly over-protective mom of one...

ADS

bombedier

Senior Community Member
Harnesses are outgrown in three ways, whichever happens first:
1) Child reaches max. harness weight.
2) Top of child's shoulders creep above top harness slot.
3) Tops of child's ears are level with top of shell of the seat.

The MA top harness slot height is advertised by Britax as 16 inches, but I recall real world being around 17.5 inches. You need to sit your child in the seat whilst itis installed in the vehicle to determine if your child still fits height wise.

Combo seats:
1) Graco Nautilus - 65lbs harness, 18.5 inch top slot, 100lb booster
2) Britax Frontier - 80lb harness, 18.25 inch top slot, booster
3) Cosco Apex65 - 65lb harness, 17 inch top slot, 100lb booster - needs headrest behind it in vehicle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC