OMG OMG... My boss is considering NEW seats!!

Splash

My boss' kids are in boosters, if anything, at 2 and 3.

Sad thing happened here last night, 2 kids were killed when ejected from the car because of no seats. My boss now FINALLY realizes that car seats are GOOD and his wife is wrong.

I have internet pages open on apex, regent, radian, and safeguard go. I am pushing for the regent but I think it's gonna be the Apex. FINE. He's on the phone now but then I am showing him. I will go pick any of them up TODAY. There is a store with Regents half an hour away... or Apex at BRU. Radian or Safeguard we'd have to order, and that gives time for them to change their mind. I would LOVE if he's buy regents for the explorer and radians for the the mustang, but I can live with just seats for the main car.

Oh please oh please.

I just PRAY that his wife doesn't talk him out of it. But... maybe he'll win this time.

OMG I am SO HAPPY. Think good thoughts!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
So sad that it took that for him to learn, but thank goodness he did learn before it was his own kids.

I agree, get the regents and get them installed FAST! I guess there's no way you can convince him to have his two year old rearfacing? LOL

Wendy

Splash

Okay... he said it was at the top of his list, but they need to put money elsewhere right now. GAH! Like to his wife's nail appointments?
Okay, but I DO trust that he is going to do it. Just not today. And I took him out and showed him my boulevard to show him how easy the harness was to use.
I don't think he'll spring for the regent. I wish he would, but I don't think so. And I don't want to push. Besides, if my choice is an Apex this week or Regent next month, then Apex it is!
Still wants to use boosters in the mustang. Dang. Although he says he is selling it. But... if he will use the boosters correctly... okay. Pick my battles, right? And I know that they DO fit well in the boosters (turbos) and know how to buckle themselves in. And they aren't in the mustang that often. And when they are, it's with their dad who is a MUCH better driver than their mom and more apt to use the boosters correctly. Plus the kids do sit pretty well in them.
Not ideal... but okay.
And the 2 yo rides RF if she is with me, but she was FF at seven months with her parents. And she rides JUST FINE RF and in a harness. But according to them she screams if they try to buckle her in the harness because she wants in the booster. Although she *is* about 33 pounds I think, so her RF days are pretty much over anyway.

So tonight while I am picking up their $480 order of office stationery, I will try not to think of the two nice regents it could have bought.

But hey, headway. At least the seed is planted. I wish I was at home with all my links to crash test videoes. Someone have the links handy for booster vs harness?

Maybe by next week they'll be in new seats. Oh I hope so. I love these kids (I've known them since birth) and really want them to be safe. I bought the AO for the little girl because she was 23 pounds and head OVER the top of her baby basket and still using it. I put it in RF so many times, but they would then turn it around so I eventually gave up.

Think good thoughts!! I am all for the Apex if it gets them back into a harness!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Fingers crossed here that those kids will be in safer and properly used seats ASAP. Good luck!

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Kashi said:
What kind of job have you got where you are in charge of your boss' children's carseats ??

Curious as well.

Are you a certified tech? I wouldn't risk the liability if you're not. I hope you get to get him new seats, but for your own sake, don't install them in someone else's car without a tech present.

Splash

I'm not in charge of their seats. But he trusts me to tell him which seats to buy.
I bought her the AO because I got a good deal and they were going to put her in a FF only seat (summit) and move him (less than 2 at the time) into a booster. I hoped that they would leave her RF for longer, but they didn't. But they DID at least leave him in the summit for another year.
If they got a regent (ain't gonna happen) then I would make them go to a teach to do it. But for an apex, I know she can do it herself if I show her how. It might suck, but at least they're likely to be attached to the vehicle. She actually knows how to put their seats in just fine. She just won't.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC