• Buy a new NBB (which one?)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • options I haven't considered

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • purple with pink polka dots

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

tiggercat

The subject in question in an almost 8 yr old who is about 65 lbs, and avg to tall for his age. His parkway is getting tight in the butt area, and he scooches his butt forward for comfort. This puts the lapbelt high on his belly. See pic

n648284369_911007_4556.jpg

What would you do?

Edited to add, I'm in Canada, so please suggest booster I don't have to break the law to get. Also, this is my first poll. Be gentle!

ADS

TerisBoys

Try an Evenflo Big Kid.

It's not often discussed here, but it is nice and roomy.

I will warn you that it will seem flimsy after the Parkway though.

If he doesn't need a headrest, the Cosco backless booster is a nice seat for bigger kids. So is the Combi Dakota, but I don't know if that's available in Canada.

tiggercat

Try an Evenflo Big Kid.

It's not often discussed here, but it is nice and roomy.

I will warn you that it will seem flimsy after the Parkway though.

If he doesn't need a headrest, the Cosco backless booster is a nice seat for bigger kids. So is the Combi Dakota, but I don't know if that's available in Canada.

There is a Combi is available here, but I thought it was a fair bit shorter than the others? I'll take him to look at some of them once I get some ideas here, he's just not a cooperative model so I won't be able to try him a zillion seats!

TerisBoys

The Combi Dakota is a backless.

Combi Yorktown is about the same height as a Turbo - the slots measure higher, but the wings curve down below them so the useable height is shorter. That might be the one you're thinking of.

Kat_Momof3

I'd go for the SK Monterey if you can wait till it comes to Canada.

Otherwise, I'd try the Compass, the Evenflo Big Kid Confidence, which are available at Zellers.

April

The Monterey should be here before the end of September. You can read the threads in Canadian forum for more info, or pm Allport. I would totally go for the Monterey. It's NICE!!!! But it is $170. :thumbsdown:

Maedze

Just looking at the picture, I don't think you could use a backless in that car? I think it would put his ears over the top of the seatback, so he'll have to use a high back...

tiggercat

I'd go for the SK Monterey if you can wait till it comes to Canada.

Otherwise, I'd try the Compass, the Evenflo Big Kid Confidence, which are available at Zellers.

I did look at the Confidence today, it looks decent. Nowhere near the SIP I'm used to, but more bum space.

tiggercat

Just looking at the picture, I don't think you could use a backless in that car? I think it would put his ears over the top of the seatback, so he'll have to use a high back...

Ah, I should have known someone would see that. I do have headrests, but they live in the trunk because they push the headrest of the PW forward just enough to make the shoulder belt slip out of the belt guide, and my MA sits nicer without it there on the other side.

tiggercat

The Monterey should be here before the end of September. You can read the threads in Canadian forum for more info, or pm Allport. I would totally go for the Monterey. It's NICE!!!! But it is $170. :thumbsdown:

170? Yeouch. I'm not sure I can justify that right now.

My husband said I should have put an option in my poll "ditch the booster, he's "legal" in Dec. *smack*

April

You said you've got headrests, so the Clek Olli IS a good option. Its nice and sleek. They might still have some older DOM's at Canadian Tire....Does anyone know?

You said you've got headrests, so the Clek Olli IS a good option. Its nice and sleek. They might still have some older DOM's at Canadian Tire....Does anyone know?

My CT doesn't have the Olli, but they do have the Oto (the one without the armrests). DOM was October/06. One of the other members here posted that she managed to get a discount because of the DOM.

Maedze

Ah, I should have known someone would see that. I do have headrests, but they live in the trunk because they push the headrest of the PW forward just enough to make the shoulder belt slip out of the belt guide, and my MA sits nicer without it there on the other side.

Oh I see...I take my head rests off too :thumbsup:

I know you are looking at the Olli, but the Eddie Bauer Prospect backless is REALLY wide and comfortable looking and not terribly expensive I think.

Your son is too cute btw :love:

emandbri

Now you have me wondering if Daniel does that in his parkway. He seems okay with me switching him to the monterey so maybe it doesn't matter! lol

I'd say a monterey too. Is there a tech discount for techs in canada?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC