Question TrueFit Car Seat in 2009 Corolla or 2009 Camry

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I am currently looking at the TrueFit car seat for my 9 month old at the same time that my car lease is up and I am getting a new car. I am looking at either a 2009 Toyota Corolla or 2009 Toyota Camry. Can anyone tell me if you have the TrueFit car seat in either car or if you have had trouble fitting your convertible car seat in either of these cars?

Thanks.

ADS

solmama

I know the Camry has had a recent re-design, but we have installed my ds' Truefit in a 2004 Camry. It installed easily on the passenger side, rf, with LATCH, and I (at 5'9") was still able to fit comfortably in the front passenger seat.

jubgulia

We have installed the True Fit in our 2006 Corolla very easily forward-facing in any position. For rear-facing, we used a pool noodle to help it recline a little more, but it still installed easily with a little practice. Also, rear-facing with the headrest on can be a bit upright if you need to have the front seat back very far.

Rosey

I can tell you I have not had a problem installing the snugride, safeseat, marathon, scenera, and Nautilus in the newly designed Camry.....it is an excellent car seat car!

CHoney

We have a 2009 Corolla, and if we had the money, I would have like the Camry better for more room. We could not get a good RFing recline with the True Fit, so we're thinking of trying a Radian instead.

tiggercat

You shouldn't have any trouble with a TruFit in a Camry, though I haven't played in an '09. I love, love, love my 03 for installing carseats in, though for such a wide car 3 across is a bit of a pain. My marathon installs so easy in every position, with belt or LATCh, it's almost orgasmic. :D ETA, I've had a Marathon rearfacing at a 45 degree angle, and had plenty of space in the front seat. I can't imagine they would have made that any smaller, so you should be able to achieve any recline angle needed in the Camry with a TF also.

That said, I did slightly prefer driving the smaller Corolla (we have one of those too, but it's older than dirt so I won't discuss the fun of installing carseats in it :p ). I like driving smallish cars, and I have trouble parallel parking in the Camry.

What are you planning to use the vehicle for? Travel, daily short driving, commuting to/from work? Will you have more than 2 kids in seats in it at once?

I will say, our Camry gets decent gas mileage, but not quite as good as I had hoped. Perhaps compare between the 09 Camry and Corolla to see how they compare.

shorty393

We have a 2009 Corolla, and if we had the money, I would have like the Camry better for more room. We could not get a good RFing recline with the True Fit, so we're thinking of trying a Radian instead.

the radian takes up WAY more room rear facing. i have a 2009 lexus is250 (a couple inches less legroom than camry, but larger than corolla) and cant fit our radian in there rear facing. i didnt try but i dont think the alpha omega would fit either. i also couldnt get a good install in the center position so had to do it outboard.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My sister-in-law has a TrueFit in a Camry (not as new, but not the old-old body style) and she said it was the easiest install EVER. (She was installing more upright for an older child.)

CHoney

the radian takes up WAY more room rear facing. i have a 2009 lexus is250 (a couple inches less legroom than camry, but larger than corolla) and cant fit our radian in there rear facing. i didnt try but i dont think the alpha omega would fit either. i also couldnt get a good install in the center position so had to do it outboard.

That is true! We actually went to ToysRUs before I saw this post and tried the Radian and it didn't fit RFing! We can get the True Fit RFing behind the passenger seat if it's almost pushed all the way up. So we'll keep looking.

At the ToysRUs here, they will let you try out the seats which is nice. And they even suggested if you're test driving a car to stop by and see if the seats you want fit!

I dunno. Our friend has an IS350. We looked at the IS and GS, but got the ES. Sorry, but the interior space of the IS is like a breadbox. It might technically have more legroom on paper than a Corolla, but it sure doesn't feel that way in person. Especially with those super thick (and oh so glorious) sports seats.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I sit in front of a RFing Radian and my knees don't knock the dash or anything... My seat is far from all the way back but far from all the way up, too. It's in the middle. We have an 03 Corolla.

SavsMom

I had our True Fit installed in my moms 2009 Camry with no problems what-so-ever. I would imagine that it will fit in the new 2009 Corolla fairly easy as well since its a brand new body style and slightly larger that the previous Corolla - however you will have quite a bit more space in a Camry. Don't be afraid to take your True Fit with you to the dealer and install it in both cars to make sure it will work for you. If the dealership really wants your business they won't mind a bit if you do.

On a side note, having worked for Toyota for 5 years I would advise you to lease a Camry over the Corolla. For the marginal difference in payment - the Camry is a lot more car. Leases are different in each part of the country, but I know that you can lease a Camry LE for only about $10 more per month than the Corolla LE down here in Florida.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC