Ford told me the dont install TA

kmcenery

They told me to try a store here in town to do it. We have a 2000 F150 it has no TA. I would like one or 2 in the their for ff. Have you heard of ford not installing TA in their cars. I may call the main ford number instead. What would you do. Right now she is still rear facing in my car and hardly ever goes in the truck maybe 3-4 times a year and we have the GN for that car when she is ready for it (if I ever get it back from my mom, she loves it for my neices).

ADS

christineka

I have the Ford Service bulletin from Ford that says they will install tether anchors for no charge to the customer. You can call Ford directly (I got it from the child safety person) or I can email it to you. (One of these days I'd like to get it up on the web.)

scatterbunny

Tell the dealership that under Program R7C they must provide and install a tether anchor free of charge to the customer, and Ford corporate will reimburse the dealership. If you have to, call Ford corporate headquarters and talk to someone there. I don't have my LATCH manual handy, or I'd look up the vehicle-specific information, and corporate HQ phone number, but I know someone else will come along with that information soon. :)

kmcenery

Thank you. I called the main number and he told me where to find the info for my dealer here in town to order them. I did find out that my truck has one on the front passanger seat not sure why they put one their when even in the manual it says to always place children under the age of 12 in the back seat.

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
They told me that my DH's Explorer had too much rust and that the liability would be too high if they installed the TA. My dad and DH both looked and could find no trace of rust anywhere. :confused: :mad:

scatterbunny

They told me that my DH's Explorer had too much rust and that the liability would be too high if they installed the TA. My dad and DH both looked and could find no trace of rust anywhere. :confused: :mad:

Did you try another dealership? That's probably what I would do, before accepting that answer.

NannyMom

Id the F150 the truck that has fabric loops on the seats as TAs? It was either F150 or the Titan. We used them both in the course and I think if was the F150. Maybe they can't be retrofitted?

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
Did you try another dealership? That's probably what I would do, before accepting that answer.

Not yet, but we're going to... one day. The other dealership is just so much farther away and we would have to take time off work to drive there to drop it off and then again to pick it up.

christineka

I would not and did not go to another dealer. Mine insisted that they could not install tether anchors in my 1994 Tempo. Someone gave me the part number, so they ordered them, but told me the free install program (that I used the previous year for my van) was no longer, so I'd have to pay. When I dropped the car off for the anchors I handed the guy the Ford Service bulletin. When I returned for my car I was given my keys back and was never asked for a dime.

beeman

Id the F150 the truck that has fabric loops on the seats as TAs? It was either F150 or the Titan. We used them both in the course and I think if was the F150. Maybe they can't be retrofitted?

The F150 had the fabric loops on the 04 and later models :) . Previous models did not have these.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC