Back to RF after 2 years FF!

delgirrrl

DS has always been a VERY big boy. In NZ, until recently, the highest rated RF seat only went to 12kg (about 26 pounds). Harnessed FF seats only go to 18kg (about 40 pounds). He got to the RF maximum at 8 months, and unable to find any guidance, I turned him FF.

Once he got close to 18kg, I started doing a lot of reading, where I came accross this board. I ended up importing a Britax Frontier. And yes, I absolutely love it!

From all of your posts and information, I eventually decided that my DD would be ERF. And last week her Britax Multi-Tech arrived in NZ from Sweden (thanks Adventuredad!). I installed the seat and then lined up her, and her big brother in it for pictures. As it turns out, she was still a bit small for it. However, DS demanded it should be his new seat. My husband said he wouldn't like facing backwards - he'd get bored. Then he said he looked uncomfortable. DS though said he was comfy. :p So we went for a ride. He giggled and laughed the whole way, saying "backwards is fun!" and giving a running commentary on everything going on out the back window. He's now been RF for several days, and absolutely loves it!

So thanks to all of you RF advocates - now my big boy is back RF :thumbsup:

And if anyone reading this thinks their kid wouldn't possibly want to RF again... maybe you might like to think again :D

ADS

April

Wow, that's quite a little adventure! Do you mind telling us how much it ended up costing you?? (If not, I totally understand, just insanely curious)

delgirrrl

Um, yeah, it was quite expensive - well, by US standards anyway! (we in New Zealand are used to paying higher prices for high-end child restraints) the cost of the Multi-tech, including postage to NZ was around $500 US - but the postage pretty much paid for itself, as there was also a swedish tax rebate included. I imagine most US readers would be shocked, but this actually isn't much more than what we'd pay over here for the top products.

The postage for the Frontier was more than the actual cost of the seat...

Compared to New Zealand, you have it good in USA when it comes to the price you pay for your child restraints!!:eek:

(Great username by the way, my DS is also Riley!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC