Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

3 across in an "06 Pathfinder??

Has anyone done this? And if so what order/seats?? I don't have to put all 3 carseats across as I have a 3rd row, but there will be times when I'd like to if possible (longer trips, etc.)

Currently, dd is RF in a MA... DS is FF in a Nautilus, and baby (due in Nov) will be in a SnugRide (RF of course!! ) I tried installing them all the other day, and it just doesn't seem to fit unless DD's seat is FF (not going to happen... she's too little. 2 1/2... 23 lbs)

Any suggestions, or am I just stuck putting ds in the 3rd row until I can get dd a FF seat??

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: 3 across in an "06 Pathfinder??

Anyone??

What configuration did you try? I'd try with the RF seats outboard and the Nautilus center. Is it that they're not puzzling well? Or just not able to get a tight install in general? I have an Xterra, but I've never tried 3 accross.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinky View Post
    What configuration did you try? I'd try with the RF seats outboard and the Nautilus center. Is it that they're not puzzling well? Or just not able to get a tight install in general? I have an Xterra, but I've never tried 3 accross.
    Well I was trying to keep the FF seat (Nauti) behind the driver's side. My dh is really tall, so a RF seat there doesn't work well. Plus if ds is in the middle, he'd have to crawl over/under a RF seat :P And I don't even know how to begin puzzling them in... which seat to you install first? Never had these seats in there together

SO... I tried putting the Nauti OB on the driver's side... the MA in the middle & the baby OB on the passenger side. I'm pretty sure it's the MA that's taking up so much room :P

I'm thinking ds might just have to go in the 3rd row until I can turn his sister FF & only have one RF carseat to deal with!!