My Jeep TA retrofit

crunchierthanthou

I had them added to my sister's 97 Cherokee. Luckily, I seem to have squeaked in before Chrysler discontinued the program. Unfortunately, I don't think they did it right. The LATCH manual states that the anchor points are in the ceiling. Here's what they did-

jeepTA4cropped.jpg

jeepTA2cropped.jpg

I'm concerned about them being behind the wheel wells- more so for the driver's side. I should have taken a wider shot, but it's behind the spare tire as well. Even more worrisome is that I'm not sure if the frame where they drilled is suitable for a TA. I didn't have a chance to check them out from underneath.

thoughts? am I rightfully nervous about them?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have no idea what they're supposed to look like, but those don't seem right at all. I've never seen anchors back in the corners like that. The one behind the spare tire is problematic--it looks like the tether would actually have to go around it?

skaterbabs

Um, yeah, that's not right. As soon as I locate my patch cable I'll download the pic of mine. The LATCH manula is incorrect, but so is that. The correct position is actually replacing the rear-most cargo anchor hardware (near the liftgate) with the tether anchor hardware.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
My purple LATCH manual says outboard tether points in ceiling. It says nothing about replacing a cargo anchor or installing in the floor.

skaterbabs

do you have a reference for that (other than it's what your dealer did)?

I do, but it may be on the old hardrive. Let me see if I can find it. I contacted Deborah Stewart when I had mine done because the LATCH manual *does* say the tether anchors are in the ceiling. However, the chart from Chrysler Corporate shows the anchor location as the cargo area floor.

I'll see if I can find the info, but it may take a little while. The old hard drive was moved into an external hard drive case and Cam organized it in such a way that I can't find anything. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC