Britax RA-Floor Model

aclayton74

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I was told by a Target associate that the car seats that are used for Floor models are not supposed to be sold as they are for display purposes only and are not fully functioning car seats.

Well I was on Ebay and someone is selling a RA in the microdot pattern and it has the label that says "Display Only-Not intended for sale". The seller stated that the only difference between the floor model and any other new RA is the tag.

So am I correct about floor models that say that. Or did the Target associated just say that.

Not that I would ever buy a floor model. I just don't want to see someone buy this seat for their child and use it.

Thanks

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
They're functioning carseats, but I think the difference is they don't want to take liability for it. Those seats can be dropped and sat in 100s of times before the get discontinued etc. If the one she is selling has that, she probably stole it from where she works when they toss them. They are supposed to trash the floor models.

aclayton74

Okay so the Target employee didn't know what he is talking about then!! I really hope no one buys it from this seller!!

oursonend

Just to chime in about my personal (non-Target) experience with floor model seats, that some places will and DO sell them, and just have no clue that they aren't supposed to. I think it's a great idea that Britax has a sticker on their floor models. It probably saves a lot of confusion among staff and consumers alike. I know it didn't even occur to me that I shouldn't buy a floor model seat... I had never heard the rationale before, and when they were out of stock of the regular stuff they offered me the floor model and I said "sure!" with a smile.

But you're right that she shouldn't be selling it because the history of the seat isn't known.

But I also ( because I am perennially giving the benefit of the doubt and I don't like to jump to conclusions) don't think she necessarily stole it from her work. It could be that the workplace was getting rid of it. It could be that she was given it for free when a store stopped carrying the product and couldn't sell the floor model. She might have found it in the dumpster out back. In any case it still shouldn't be sold, but I don't suspect theft or dishonesty off the top of my head. :twocents: I prefer to keep the negative emotions under wraps until there's proof. :)

Just keep in mind that not all stores are provided specific floor models for display. While I agree that a unit marked as a floor model should not be used, a seat that was taken from general inventory for display is no different than other seats. It really depends on the store, how they treat their floor models, and how the customer treats the floor model. These factors are only known by the store and it is up to them to decide whether or not to accept liability for selling the display model.

Kaylasmom

The Microdot Tan was a Sears exclusive and likely one of their floor models. If I'm correct in this assumption, this also means that these seats are EXTREMELY old as Britax is no longer sold in Sears stores and hasn't been for close to 2 years now. So 2 years plus the entire duration of being on display essentially makes these seats expired.

mykidsmylife

My Roundabout was a Microdot tan from Sears I got for $34. I got it less then a year ago. Its DOM was 2005. My friend got a few with a 2006 DOM.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC