Our new TF! (pics)

April

So we got the new TF on sale for $149.97. Riley fits rf'ing on the second from bottom slots - that was in the house though so he may need the next slots up once he sits in it installed - (he hasn't ridden in it yet, so we'll see how he takes to rf'ing after 9 months of ff'ing!). Measured his torso today and it was 13'' exactly. Weighed him (without shoes though) and he was 32.5, so it looks like he's lost a pound in the last couple of months, which doesn't surprise me.

Rayn fits, and I suspect she'll be able to rf in it also since she's about 2 lbs lighter than Riley. She's been ff'ing for 2 years! (Her Radian that will now permanently live in DH's truck doesn't install rf'ing in his truck at all).

Griffin fits (I think), on the top slots. His shoulders are just even with the top slots. Don't know his torso measurement because he wasn't cooperative today. Someone let me know if you think the seat would be usable for him at this point (in a pinch type of situation)

Faith is way over the top slots. Measured her torso and its 17.5''. Which is funny, you'd think it'd be even with the top, but not once she was sitting in it.

And then there's me in the TF! Lol, you'll see in the pics. I was a little excited about getting it last night!

It installed easy for me within about three minutes. Lockoffs closed fine with both parts of the seatbelt in them. The only thing is the harness adjuster is way smushed into the seat and I couldn't get the snaps on the cover back on after I installed it.

Okay, here are some pics!

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o258/asutton233/Car Seat Extravaganza/True Fit/

ADS

April

Lol. No, not yet. Rayn will use the Apex in my truck for now. We have enough harnessed seats for daily use for now (I'll only have to move the Apex about 1x a week to the daycare van, which is easy.)

The plan is that I'll get Rayn a GN for my truck when it hits shelves in Canada, then the Apex will stay at daycare or in the garage as a spare since all the kids fit in it one way or the other. Griffin and Faith will be getting Monterey's in a couple weeks, which *hopefully* will fit in DH's pickup on either side of the Radian, and then the PW & Turbo will stay in my truck. At some point Riley will end up with a Frontier and then depending on whether there's a 5th baby here (or on the way), we'll either keep the TF to erf the next baby or I'll sell it because there'll be some better seat that I want at that time, lol. :p Although I'll actually need a new vehicle at that point so maybe I shouldn't think that far ahead. DH says he doesn't know why I gte excited about long expiry dates because if they all expired in a year I'd have a better reason to keep buying new seats.:eek:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
lol, yeah. I am driving the truck tomorrow. Not planning on having kids in it, but thinking I need to go install car seats "just in case".

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, thanks for all the pic's. :D

Yes, I think it's usable for Griffin - though you'll have to see if that changes once it's installed.

And nice to "see" you.

You know I noticed, that it looks like kids will have their head almost completely contained in the shell still even when the seat is outgrown. Griffin's head is just above the side wings of the headrest and looks like it might be fully supported in the back. That really impresses me. :D

NannyMom

Congrats on your new tf :)

A fit about the same as Griffin in the TF when we were in the store. Once I installed it in the van, she was way over the top slots. J who had lots of growing room, only had a tiny bit of growing room once installed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC