Looking for lightweight compact stroller

U

Unregistered

Right now I am looking at the Chicco C5 or Lightweight London strollers....also possibly the Cosco Transit Tandem (in case my 3 year old decides she wants to ride with her baby bro) Does anyone have opinions on any of these strollers or have other suggestions? I am on a VERY tight budget so the cheaper the better, it has to have a recline feature as the baby is only 3 months old, it also has to fold up small to fit in my MPV with 5 kids. I'm hoping for something under $100.
TIA
Kelley

ADS

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I have heard great things about the C5 but haven't used any of them. Wow 5 in a MPV is it like a puzzle getting everyone's seats in :)

QuassEE

If you really want to go cheap you may even want to consider the Kolcraft double. I know it sounds absurd, and I'm a total stroller snob BUT if you're not too tall and you don't have a long stride...it might be another option. I think they're around $50, too. If you want to go used--maybe look for a used Inglesina Swift or a Rally Twin? A little more pricey though :) Lots ot consider but you may just have to head out and try them out.. All of these should fit bolt upright behind the back seats in an MPV.

-N.
http://www.couponsurfers.com

QuassEE

I'm ditzy lately. For SINGLES -- You could consider a single Swift as well as the C5 and London.. or even a Triumph? The 2005s are still on clearance everywhere--try Albee. I think they're $110 there? And what about Zooper? The zStreet can still be found (it's 2 years old now) new here and there for under $100. All of these fit just fine in an MPV--that's why I had doubles on my mind since they're a little more of a problem in smaller cars. Usually in minivans you just have to get really good at standing strollers UP and not laying them down.. You can even bungee them around the rear headrests to keep them upright and more secure. It's not unusual for me to have up to 6 or 7 strollers in my van with lots of room to spare by standing them upright.

B

Brooke

I just got McClaren Triumph

and really love it! They are one sale at specialtybaby.com for $109 shipped.

Brooke

Dillipop

We have the Chicco Tuscany. I think it was available in the year in between the London and C5...not sure though. We absolutely love it! It folds about as small as a cheap umbrella stoller, has a decent reline, and my 3 year old still fits comfortably (his head can still lean back on the high seatback). We've had it for 2 years now and have never had any problems with it.

U

Unregistered

Fitting them in the MVP

I have yet to fit EVERYONE in the MPV at once. I have got an infant Safeseat and a FF MA in the middle seats, and FF'ing Wiz and RA in the third seat, I need to fit my 8 yr old ss in the third row this summer. He probably wont be in a booster by the time he gets out here though.
There really isnt much room for standing up a stroller anywhere so I'd have to have one that folds like an umbrella stroller. I have seen the Tuscany and it looks nice also. I'm so confused with all these options! LOL Thanks for everyone's input.
Kelley

LEAW

Chicco London here... have put 8 mo olds to 3.5 yr olds in it no problem, it's great for carrying tons of stuff if you carry the baby!

Target.com had the best price I could find, and none in stores around here. The canopy is ok, we often leave it home though, and the basket is only big enough for essentials. Folds small, fits on the floor in the back of the van, or between rows if you don't have kids w/long legs.

U

Unregistered

Chicco London

Cool Lisa, thanks!
I think I will try to find a store that carries them so I can check it out.
Kelley

U

Unregistered

I have the Chicco C5 and absolute hate it. It's heavy and difficult to push. The back of the seat bent the first time we used it. The seat provides no support for my daughter's back and she is always slouching in it. I do not recommend the Chicco C5.

hapaness

Chicco C5

Thanks for the info, I actually picked up a used Combi Savvy DX and like it a lot. On Saturday I'm headed up to San Francisco to pick up a 2003 Inglesina Zippy that a lady on Craigslist is selling for $25

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC