Here comes the cold weather and the dumb BUNDLE ME's!

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Vent vent vent!

Am I the only person who gets extremely agitated by the "Bundle Me" or similar products? (I know I'm not).
They are so dangerous! How can the manufacturers sleep at night knowing they are risking the lives of their target population?! AARGGGH!!!

Check out the picture at the bottom of this page... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266847
Remove that aftermarket crap and I guarantee I can tighten that harness another 3" at LEAST.

Oh and I love how the baby advertising the product for BRU is too tall for the blasted car seat!

I say we all write negative reviews for this thing... I wrote one for the 'pink bundle me' (takes 3-5 days to show up on the site). Anyone else want to tackle the other colors??

ADS

hillary116

I totally get why these are unsafe- thanks to everyone here :D. But when the description states:

"In line with JJ Cole's commitment to child safety, the Bundle Me has been tested to FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard) 213 requirements. Tests performed on infant car seats with the Bundle Me installed found that the car seats complied with the Restraint System Integrity and Occupant Excursion portions of the FMVSS 213 requirements."

how is a parent to know this? The description makes it sound like it has passed all sorts of tests, and is a safe addition to any infant car seat.

kmcenery

I have already seen posts on my cl about people wanting these. I have emailed all and told them to get the shower cap styles which are cheaper then the bundle mes. I also offered to give them the shower cap style one i have (it does not fit on my safe seat) but its really pink and they were having boys and another one did not want pink items for her daughter but they all "said" they would go get the shower cap style instead and thank you for the info and website (this site)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Holy cow on the attached picture - the straps are actually coming out a good 2" above her shoulders - add in the bulk at her hips & that I know the bundle me's make the hip straps route up, then back down, and I'm betting that a good 6" of harness strap could be tightened without the other junk there. :jaw:

I have an interesting problem, because I work at BRU & here in Edmonton it gets very cold - -30* celcius happens usually at least one or two weeks of the winter, and -20* celcius is normal. Parents don't "believe" that a shower cap cover will keep their child warm. So now is the season of shopper's looking for the bundle me's and we have 2 thick ones and one thin one. :rolleyes:

Many parents just come in and buy them. The ones I talk to are being told that as a tech I don't recommend them and they'll be removed if they go to a seat check - and that they're likely to be ticketed if they're pulled over at a safety stop since it's near impossible to tighten the harness properly in them. But that as an employee of BRU I won't stop them from buying one. I'm suggesting they buy them for strollers, and have taken to putting them in to whatever type seat a parent has or is using just to "test" the fit - and of course there's never a proper fit. :rolleyes:

Anyways, next seat check here is Sept 30 and I know there's going to be a lot of these being removed from seats.

Something somewhat interesting - leaving hospital they'll let you go without saying anything about the bundle me's, but if you're adopting a baby they won't allow you to take custody of the baby without removing the bundle me from the carseat - they only allow shower cap style. Reason? You can't be endangering a child that you're adopting and they have the power to determine whether you can take custody. Too bad the hospital can't prevent parents from using them.

Lea_Ontario

I have an interesting problem, because I work at BRU & here in Edmonton it gets very cold - -30* celcius happens usually at least one or two weeks of the winter, and -20* celcius is normal. Parents don't "believe" that a shower cap cover will keep their child warm. So now is the season of shopper's looking for the bundle me's and we have 2 thick ones and one thin one. :rolleyes:

Many parents just come in and buy them. The ones I talk to are being told that as a tech I don't recommend them and they'll be removed if they go to a seat check - and that they're likely to be ticketed if they're pulled over at a safety stop since it's near impossible to tighten the harness properly in them. But that as an employee of BRU I won't stop them from buying one. I'm suggesting they buy them for strollers, and have taken to putting them in to whatever type seat a parent has or is using just to "test" the fit - and of course there's never a proper fit. :rolleyes:

Like you, I work at BRU - I use the same line - that a Bundle Me is great for strollers, but only good in a carseat if you can put it in without changing anything about the straps.

Doesn't help me here - the stupid things have been on sale for the last two weeks :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

geez might as well strap that little baby to a pillow and buckle it in.

i had the showercap style for my oldest and even in the coldest weather in maine she was plenty warm. the few times i was concerned i just tucked a recieving blanket over her snuggly and put the cover on the seat. perhaps recommend that to parents who are afraid they aren't warm enough. also remind them they will have heat on in the car. with that much around the baby and no air being allowed to circulate the baby could overheat. its not like you stand around outside with your baby in there carrier in freezing weather. ask them if they take the coat off in the car or unzip it when they have the heat on. i bet most of them do because they are hot...same idea with baby.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Trudy,

That is so interesting that you cannot bring an adopted baby home in a seat with a BundleMe. Wow! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC