Would you get a True Fit for ffing only?

RJB78

CPST Instructor
I need to get a new seat for dd2. She is too heavy to rf :( and she'll only be using this seat for ~2 years before she inherits the Regent. I'd like a TF, but I feel silly buying it for only 2 years FF, not being able to take advantage of its great rfing capacity. The only way I can justify it is telling myself that a) I'm really only spending $80, because I just sold a seat, and b) I can sell it when she moves to the Regent.

She's currently in the Nautilus, but that means her sis doesn't have a secondary seat. The armrests annoy me, so I don't want to get another one of those. I don't like the Apex either.

Given what I've told you...

a) would you spend the money on the TF? When are the new colors coming out?

b) are there any other HWH seats at the TF price or less that I'm missing? I really can't go over $180.

ADS

scatterbunny

Radian?

Otherwise, given what you've said, I think a TF would serve you well. I really, really prefer seats that sit low on the vehicle seat for forward-facing, easier for kiddo to climb in by themselves, I love the TF's deep sides.

RJB78

CPST Instructor
Radian?

Otherwise, given what you've said, I think a TF would serve you well. I really, really prefer seats that sit low on the vehicle seat for forward-facing, easier for kiddo to climb in by themselves, I love the TF's deep sides.

Thanks. I guess that's just what I needed. Someone to confirm what I was thinking! LOL

I just sold my Radian to a friend who needed it for a 3 across, which is why I am getting a new seat. :D I liked the Radian, but I think I might like to try something different this time.

I'm also tossing around the idea of another EFTA, but I'd have to get a tether extender. Plus, I wouldn't mind another pink seat. :love:

arly1983

LOL,

I am in the same boat. I am not sure if I want to commit to another regent but still want some with some head support and no base.

I am really look at this but it makes more sense for me because I have another one on the way. I might actually keep it until then. :D

jubgulia

Sure, I would do it. I love it for FF! It's so easy to install FF, I just sit in it because it's so wide! I am sorta bummed I can't use ours because we need something narrower.

April

I just bought one last night. I'm going to rf it for a short while, Riley's about 33-34lbs, so not very long. He's been ff'ing since last Christmas so even if it only lasts a month rf'ing, I'll still be using it. Essentially its going to be used 95% ff'ing.

abckidsmom

Radian?

I agree here. I really don't like how my MA sits in our van for my ffing 2.5 yo. I'm about to sell it and buy a TF, which I just LOVE.

My 1 yo is still rfing in his TF, and the seat installs so easily, is so cute (I just love the deep sides, the non-plush fabric...we have it in electric blue, which is more like royal, IMO...)

I love the TF, and wouldn't consider it a waste for 2 years at all.

mish

I would do it. In fact, I am seriously considering it. My kid is 5! I would probably use it rear facing for my niece sometimes though.

fyrfightermomma

I did buy it strictly for FFing. I liked it. My kid has low tone though so it wasn't quite enough support. For a normal kid though it's great!

April

I just wanted to add... for the price (well I got mine on sale), I think its definitely worth it for ff only. My 5.5 year old is even with the top slots and he usually rides in a PW. Considering that it was cheaper than my Apex and the top slots are higher, for me, it make total sense. (I'm in Canada so I paid $179.99 for my Apex and $149.97 for my TF - on sale from $199)

Here are a couple of pics of my two middle kids in it this morning:

Rayn - 3 years old. (Excuse her, she never wears clothes in the house!)

RaynTF2-1.jpg

Griffin - 5.5 years old

GriffinTF-1.jpg

You can see his shoulders are just even with the top slot

GriffinTFtopslotsside-1.jpg

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC