Thoughts on Maxi-Cosi?

pastrygirl

Another web site that I visit has a comment about how Maxi-Cosi seats are some of the best car seats around. I've never heard that here... do any of you think so? Aren't they just Dorel seats? It's a stroller site, not a car seat site, and I'm debating about whether to comment on that. ETA: No, I'm not going to comment. But I'm still curious about what you all think! :)

ADS

capeKO71

I read that too... lol.

Yeah - I'd say with "stroller" folks, they think maxi cosi is great - because of the brand name world wide - and because their european seats are really great seats IN europe - and I know more then one person on stroller swap who have imported European carseats to work with their european strollers (this was pre-distribution in the US).

But I'd say, now that they are here in the US - they are a dressed up Cosco Scenera with some extra features like recline. The infant seats are nice - but they are behind some of the other manufacturers in features. In the end, it's sort of like buying an eddie bauer seat for $180 when you can buy the safety 1st one for $99... it's paying for fabric and a label.

All that removed, I think they are darn cute seats... and I would totally buy one for rear facing... if I found one cheap.

I don't think it's a bad seat. But I wouldn't call it "the best seat around" - but I wouldn't call any seat that either.

pastrygirl

They do look darn cute!! My very first install at a check was a Mico. It wasn't bad -- I don't remember having any trouble with it. The dad originally hadn't been able to get it as tight as it should've been, but he got it in great after I showed him how. It was permissible LATCH in a center seat, too! I tripe-checked that one. :)

canadiangie

I read that too... lol.

Yeah - I'd say with "stroller" folks, they think maxi cosi is great - because of the brand name world wide - and because their european seats are really great seats IN europe - and I know more then one person on stroller swap who have imported European carseats to work with their european strollers (this was pre-distribution in the US).

But I'd say, now that they are here in the US - they are a dressed up Cosco Scenera with some extra features like recline. The infant seats are nice - but they are behind some of the other manufacturers in features. In the end, it's sort of like buying an eddie bauer seat for $180 when you can buy the safety 1st one for $99... it's paying for fabric and a label.

All that removed, I think they are darn cute seats... and I would totally buy one for rear facing... if I found one cheap.

I don't think it's a bad seat. But I wouldn't call it "the best seat around" - but I wouldn't call any seat that either.

:yeahthat:

European Maxi Cosi and North American Maxi Cosi are quite a bit different from what I've gathered here and on bbc as it relates to both strollers and car seats. Same goes for Euro and N.A. Quinny. Not the same either. :)

TXAggieTech

European Maxi Cosi and North American Maxi Cosi are quite a bit different from what I've gathered here and on bbc as it relates to both strollers and car seats. Same goes for Euro and N.A. Quinny. Not the same either. :)

I played with a Euro Maxi Cosi and really liked it. I have a US on but haven't taken it out of the box yet since I don't know if I want to keep it. I really like the looks and love the recline feature.

Euro Quinny is totally different than US, we have 2 of the Euro strollers and I love them!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC