So I was in the mall.....

M

MomOfTwo

So I have never really had a experience like I did yesterday. I was in the mall with my kids and we were all getting some Auntie Anne's pretzels and we sat on the bench to eat them. On the bench next to us was a woman with a baby in an infant seat. A graco I am not sure what the model was it has a been along time since I have needed one. Anyway my kids ask if they can see her baby and the woman says sure. She turns the seat around so it is facing us. It's a beautiful little boy who is 7 1/2 months old. I happen to notice that the chest clip is missing from the car seat. I asked the mother if she knew the chest clip was missing. She said she removed it because it was bothering her son :eek: I had politely tried to explain that the chest clip needs to be attached so that in case of an accident the seat will function properly. She basically told me to mind my own business and walked away. Maybe I was to preachy. I felt so bad because i didn't want to get her mad at me and I also really wanted her to reattach the chest clip. Anyways I don't even know if saying anything was the right thing to do. I just feel bad about the whole thing. I am guessing that is it is not against the law to remove the chest clip so there was no one I could call.

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure. That could fall under proper use, since it came designed w/ a chest clip it could be that. I remember though seats aren't required to have chest clips. Most people think THAT'S what keeps their baby safe, I've never seen a person take it off. Sheesh!

M

MomOfTwo

Honestly I think next time I will refrain from giving any car seat advice unless asked.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I really can't resist the urge, Tara, without suffering physical signs of stress -- increased heartrate, my Crohns Disease flares up, etc. -- but the same symptoms happen when I do give unsolicited advice that isn't received well :rolleyes: I try to compromise by starting out by making a positive criticism & in this case I might've asked if she'd ever lived in Europe as they don't even have chest clips ... but gone on to say that she might want to check with the manufacturer because removing it could void any liability JIC :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC