Got my Signo :) Pic heavy

fyrfightermomma

Well I finally have my beloved Signo back (Thanks Arly!!!) My DD was excited when she saw it. She remembered it. I have yet to find a seat she will sleep in other than an infant bucket back in the day. She has fallen asleep once in the car in the past two years. The one trip we took in our first Signo before I returned it :) She has low tone so I think she needs the extra support. I'm glad I got it back!

Here's some pics:
Lots of growing room. She is already 38-39 inches tall. Don't mind the hair. She had just gotten up from her nap.
100_0278.jpg

100_0283.jpg

100_0284.jpg

DD2 in it. I had to laugh because I didn't notice before. My younger one has a bigger torso! With their MA's RFing they are just on the 2nd slots. I never really noticed a difference. But with the infinate adjust harness you really notice. She has almost 1.5" longer torso! She is 32" and 26 pounds. A good sized chunk :)
100_0286.jpg

The last time we used this seat I did not try it rearfacing with my older one. It is NOT going to happen. I don't know if you can see where the door frame is in relation to the seat but I could barely get her in since the seat is so high off the captain's chair. I honestly can't see using this seat rear facing for an older, taller rear facer (she is 3, 38-39", 24 lbs). She also didn't have much leg room but was not complaining. But the lack of leg room made it even harder to buckle her in. So this will not be a RFing seat in our car :)
100_0288.jpg

100_0290.jpg

The baby RFing. Much better! She doesn't have monkey legs. No problem getting her in and she's tall for her age as well. She is 18 months, 32 inches, 26 pounds. Her legs had plenty of room. The captains chair has to be reclined 2 "clicks" for LATCH
100_0292.jpg

100_0294.jpg

Forward facing she was much happier in this seat :)
100_0297.jpg

100_0298.jpg

Not tons of leg support, but we'll deal with that when she starts to complain
100_0299.jpg

I am so relieved to have our Signo back!

Disclaimer: There are certain things in these pics that are not correct. I was just doing a quick informal install to snap some pics. It was not a true install. There are misuse's in these pics so please ignore them :)

Last edited:
ADS

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Looks like she is thoroughly enjoying her seat! When you say the vehicle seat has to be reclined '2 clicks' for LATCH is that just what you've found from experience? Or does it actually say that? Just curious :)

fyrfightermomma

Looks like she is thoroughly enjoying her seat! When you say the vehicle seat has to be reclined '2 clicks' for LATCH is that just what you've found from experience? Or does it actually say that? Just curious :)

The car manual actually says that

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

First off - just wanted to say she's so precious and that no one would mind her hair unless they either don't have kids or are just totally OCD.

Secondly... I love seeing how this seat fits in my van (in case we still have it or get another dodge vehicle after it AND we have another baby... this is the current front runner for a convertible carseat if I had the money, too)

Which leads to my third... what year caravan/grand caravan do you have??

My manual says MAY NEED... it doesn't say you have to recline it, let alone leave it reclined.

Now, I will double check tomorrow (but not first thing in the morning... getting up super early for the parent breakfast at the elementary school and I won't be fully awake at that point)

fyrfightermomma

Hmm....we have an 05 Grand Caravan. It didnt come with an owners manual, but when I brought up installing seats here a few people told me in stated in the manual that to use LATCH in the captains chairs it had to be reclined 2 notches.

I guess I never really asked if they said that because it was easier or because you really HAD to. I just took them for their word :) I can't find the thread at all and I don't even know what topic I posted it on.

I'll have to look into it. It does make it tons easier and gives lots of leg room. I just figured they had to be that way.

Kat_Momof3

maybe they meant you had to recline it to SEE the anchors... you definitely do, but I know where they are now, so I just feel blindly, unless I want the seat reclined one or two notches, anyway.

fyrfightermomma

maybe they meant you had to recline it to SEE the anchors... you definitely do, but I know where they are now, so I just feel blindly, unless I want the seat reclined one or two notches, anyway.

Mine with the seat upright I can see completely. They stick out very far, further than any other car I"ve owned. They are not in the seat bight(bite?) at all. They are just there, plain as day. I'll have to take a pic. Do we have the same car? LOL

Last edited:

fyrfightermomma

:happy-wavehello: Just waving hi to my cover in your siggy.

LOL....your cover is well loved. No more fighting over seats. The baby had the cute girly seats and DD1 had her "moo moo seat" and every trip she wanted the "pretty seat."

Now they can't fight!

Kat_Momof3

Mine with the seat upright I can see completely. They stick out very far, further than any other car I"ve owned. They are not in the seat bight(bite?) at all. They are just there, plain as day. I'll have to take a pic. Do we have the same car? LOL

no, because you have the grand caravan and I have the regular caravan.

But it also could be the angles we stand at, height, you name it.... Heck, the shadow or the sunlight glaring... who knows.

All I know is that I may not see them (and don't get me wrong, sometimes I do), but I can always feel for them.

I'm sick with a headcold but will check the manual Monday... I couldn't find it and dh told me he moved it to my lockbox when he was cleaning it out for me and decided to clear change out of the glovebox (oy)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The '03 Grand Caravan specifically states in the manual that the captains chair is *required* to be two clicks back of upright when using the LATCH anchors. I am not positive what other model years state, as I have not read through every model year manual. ;)

I am also able to see the lower anchors clearly without reclining the vehicle seat. There are fabric flaps to cover them, so perhaps your fabric flaps are covering them (which is why you're not seeing them without reclining the seat)? I had an '03 Grand Caravan and now an '08 Grand Caravan. My friend had an '01 Caravan and now an '07 Grand Caravan... we can see hers clearly without reclining the seat as well. :confused:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Perhaps the visibility/accessibility of the lower LATCH anchors varies depending on if the van has "stow and go" seating or not, and/or there are possibly different seating trim levels or option packages that somehow create variations in the the lower anchors? :scratcheshead:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
The girls are beautiful! My kids are the same way w/ torso. Ilana and Evan have the same size, but are 23 mos apart. :) I never noticed how high of a seat that Signo is, WOW!

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I used my Como RF for my 3 year old, and thought you might want to see pictures... Not only was she 3, but this was also in my ex-DH's car which is a compact SUV...so not a lot of room.
http://picasaweb.google.com/QuassEE/AbbiComo#
Same car, but her boots give you a better idea of how tight things are:
http://picasaweb.google.com/QuassEE/Mess?authkey=Lt2NMWRjDQA#5209655981799839010
This gives you an idea how upright she is:
http://picasaweb.google.com/QuassEE/Mess?authkey=Lt2NMWRjDQA#5209656038252966994

Other than the actual getting her in part, she did quite nicely in there, even falling asleep. The only way I can actually get the seat installed into the car is to recline the seatback fully, install the seat, and force it back upright..otherwise there isn't enough space for even the seat + me installing.. ;) But honestly, there must be something to these seats--my daughter loved sleeping in her Como.

This was our only 33-35lb RF option, and I hate sending her with ex-DH in that little old SUV as compared to him driving my van.

-Nicole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC