organized a car seat check!

pregodego2

YAY! im super excited about this today. I am the event coordinator for my church's moms group. After a not so fun run-in with some complications this week trying to get a car seat check station, things have turned for the best!

Through a wacky series of events, i got in touch with an instructor who is employed independantly by one of our medical centers here that has car seat checks by appt. The lady set us ALL up an appt and she is going to come to us! We meet every other friday and she is going to come out to our meeting and do car seats checks for our entire group!!

ADS

jodibug

That is awesome! I know the mom's will appreciate your efforts!

We only have one tech in my area and as she is strictly M-F, 8-5, it is nearly impossible for anyone to get in to see her.

I want to become a CPST, but I can't take the classes until I am done breastfeeding my daughter. I'm in a hurry to take the classes, but not in a hurry to be done breastfeeding! It will probably be at least a year before I can do it, but in the meantime I am learning all I can here.

I just wanted to say that I think it is really great that you care enough to organize this event, they are so important!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Is she coming by herself or bringing other people? How many moms are in your group?

I only ask because at the events we do (and my private appointments), we generally take 30 minutes (MINIMUM) to an hour. Average is 45 minutes. So if it's just her, you guys are going to be there for a looooong time.

Good job on getting something organized, though. I'm sure it'll result in a lot of kids riding more safely.

pregodego2

It will be just her but we are taking measures to make sure some of the important things are happening before the checks. The paperwork, a larger discussion and explanations of the more general things. The tech said it will cut down the time spent at each car. I also went to her office today to pick up the long forms to give out tomorrow and let them bring back finished, so there's less paperwork time.

There will be about 15-25 moms in our group, depeneding on the week. So i am having a sign up list, and we'll get a better idea from that. It will only have to give or take probably 3-5 people, if at all. The seat check isn't for another 2 weeks, so we should have a good idea of how many moms have signed up and then if needed, the tech and i will have to work something out or have some moms come back later.

I think everything will be ok, I have a really great feeling about it. If moms don't feel like waiting, then the tech can point them in the right direction to have their seats checked at another place and time. At least this will bring awareness to those who may never have taken the time to do a check at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC