Carseat inventor on American Inventor Grand Finale

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched their recording or heard already:

The carseat inventor won! After he was announced the winner, the CEO of Evenflo came out on the stage and offered the inventor the use of Evenflo's engineering and testing facilities. I'm not sure if this means Evenflo wants to work at producing his carseat or if they're just letting him explore his invention's potential more using their technical resources. I may have missed some of the details of Evenflo's offer because I was distracted with rocking the baby to sleep.

Other finalists also received similar offers - the teenager with the tandem bike idea was presented with an internship at the Trek bicycle company, Hasbro offered to work with the Word Ace inventor, and I think the football receiver inventor had an offer of support but I didn't catch the details.

It will be interesting to see what comes of the carseat invention and I was hoping a carseat company would at least express some interest whether the inventor was the winner or not.

ADS

melaniev

we don't watch television, but I hope this is a breakthrough carseat that's significantly easier to install and fits bigger kids, than what's currently available!

Tara

My initial thought was ... Evenflo ? And what decent car seat do they currently have on the market? Does this mean this guys car seat idea was that much of a dud? That the companies who seem to have their heads on straight concerning child safety, (ie Britax, Graco..) won't touch this contraption. ??
Or is it *really* a good concept and Evenflo is making an effort to do better, to come up with better designs/seats ??

Could go either way I suppose.

I'm still not sold on the idea though...I want to see the darn seat better!!

Splash

I don't have a beef with Evenflo. Their RF limits suck, but they do have some decent seats. I *loved* my Titans and would absolutely buy another one as a travel seat if I had need for it.
But I did scoff when the guy said they were the leader in CP safety. Ha ha ha. Plus Evenflo is low dollar... and this seat, if it ever passed muster, would definitely be a high ticket item.

I was SHOCKED that, with a 90 percent misuse rate of CRs, enough people cared enough to vote for a car seat over sports and video games. Come ON. I definitely think sports and video games rate higher in importance than child safety for most people in this country!

I was kinda bummed too. Because while I liked the idea, I wanted to see him punished for having those straps so loose. I am so vindictive.

Tara

Leader? He said that? I missed that part hehe I was only half listening/able to hear (5 kids ya know LOL)

I think people fell for/voted for his sob story more than his product. I don't mean that to sound bad, I mean, I feel for anyone who has lost a child, ya know. It's just I think most were like 'aww that's awful, poor guy, I'm pulling for him!' rather than 'a new car seat to save lives!?! awesome! car seats rock!!' You know, like us car seat geeks here teehee *We* get fired up over the safety seat's potential. *They* may have just been 'moved' ;)

Just my thoughts (however negative they may be)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC