Question BIG QUESTION on van arrangement before I order another Regent

arly1983

If Miss C fits in the regent well, which I think she will, I will be ordering another Regent tomorrow or Friday morning.

BUT how am I going to get two regents and one SS1 into my van where both regents have a top tether and good installation.

The last time I tried it, the Regent with recline bar, latch, sbp or lbp, is incompatable with my 3rd row. Later Splash posted the same thing so I think that is right.

However, with no recline bar, it installs great wiht latch, sbp, or lbp.

So if when I try again the Regent will not install with recline bar, my only other options are:

a) Regent in each cap'ts chair with SS1 in 3rd row. (This will never work)
b) Regent (Jackson) in cap'ts chair with Radian and SS1 3rd row outboard. (I don't want to do this either as the radian sits flush against the edge of the interior ledge which is where a child's head would strike in a wreck and we have no side airbags)
c) Radian(Camille) center 3rd row, top tethered. Regent and SS1 in Cap'ts chairs.
d) IF I can get them installed, radian 3rd row center, SR or SS1 outboard. Regent in Cap'ts chair. (Not sure I want Camilled that close to the baby, she is getting aggressive)
e) Make the parental decision to install the Regent without recline bar center 3rd row and put other regent/or radian and SS1 in capts chairs.

So if I want another regent, then option e is really the only plausable option.

If C goes in a radian my options are c and e (or d but I don't want to have to do that)

Top tethers are located in the Capt's chairs and 3rd row center 04 Ford Freestar.

Anyone see any other options, have thoughts or ideas?

Last edited:
ADS

Tyler'sMom1117

I have a 06 Freestar. I had never tried the Regent in the third row. I just assumed it would fit as well as it does in the bucket seats. Good to know that it doesn't work in case I ever needed to do that.

Did Britax ever say why the recline bar is now necessary? My inclination would be your option (e) but I would want to know what could possibly happen by not using the recline bar. I would also feel better about option (e) because the seat would be in the middle. Keep in mind this is JMHO and I'm not a tech.

arly1983

Ok, more thoughts.....

I could get a Nautilus and put her outboard 3rd row but she did look squished.

According to Judi, the Frontier does not install well any position 3rd row. (Going to look that up to verify)

Truefit, I don't really want another convertable but its wide. No idea if it would fit outboard 3rd row.

Or I could just use the radian and see what comes out in the Spring.

arly1983

Did Britax ever say why the recline bar is now necessary? My inclination would be your option (e) but I would want to know what could possibly happen by not using the recline bar. I would also feel better about option (e) because the seat would be in the middle. Keep in mind this is JMHO and I'm not a tech.

Someone asked Sarah Tilton and she said it had better head excursion numbers with the recline bar.

I know I really lean towards (e) myself

Chex

Is there a reason you want another Regent so badly? Is there a problem keeping Camille in a Radian? I'm thinking 'c' is a good option, but maybe I don't know all your reasons for not wanting that one.

arly1983

I guess I lean towards e because Jackson can already climb up into his seat and she can't but then I really haven't tried to teach her how yet. Surely she could in a radian and the 3rd row is lower.

I do like that in that option everyone has a top tether. I think its dumb that there are only 3 top tethers.

melniemi

Is your TA off center for the third row, or is it right in the middle? Some are directly between the center and outboard seats.

If it is off center toward the passenger side, I would install a regent in the passenger side captain's chair for J and the passenger side third row for C. I'd use the off center ta to tether it. Then I would put your SS1 driver's outboard third row and remove the driver's side captain's chair.

Are your seatbelts not long enough for lbp? Could you get an extender? Have you worked with a tech on it? I forget if you are a tech or not?? Sorry:eek:

arly1983

Is your TA off center for the third row, or is it right in the middle? Some are directly between the center and outboard seats.

It is right in the middle.

Are your seatbelts not long enough for lbp? Could you get an extender? Have you worked with a tech on it?

Seat belts are great in length. My problem is that the recline bar hits in such a way that to get a tight install there is about 30% or more overhang. Nope, didn't work with a tech. I wanted to meet Adventuremom to see if she could help but it never worked out. I can post pictures tomorrow when the new one gets here.

I forget if you are a tech or not?? Sorry:eek:

Not yet, maybe one day.

Chex

How old is Camille? My 3yo can climb into her Radian in a Capt. chair by herself. I'm sure Camille would be able to in the 3rd row.

arly1983

Now I see where the problem lies...the seat depth. I can totally see why it doesn't work.

Yeah, I can easily get 20% or less of overhang with the recline but with it is one big PIA.

How old is Camille? My 3yo can climb into her Radian in a Capt. chair by herself. I'm sure Camille would be able to in the 3rd row.

She is 26 months old now and too big to RF. I think I could teach her. I am leaning more towards just leaving her in the radian for now.

MySillyKids

IMG_0036-2.jpg

thats our set up. However K's not in the ss1 anymore. both the boys are in the 3rd row, and miss K is RF in the captains chair. The other captains chair is in the garage.

It's SO MUCH EASIER, to have the 3rd chair out.

MySillyKids

right. Thats why its like that.

when either boy hits 50lbs the regent will move to the captains chair, and the Nauti and the MA will move to the 3rd row.

The MA will be RF tether to the captains chair, and the nauti will be tethered to the 3rd row in the middle (lamest spot)

Mommypooh

well the Regent has to be tethered at 40 if using a lap shoulder belt and at 50 lbs for a lap belt only if I remember correctly. That is why mine was either 3rd row center or I had to get tethers put in.

arly1983

well the Regent has to be tethered at 40 if using a lap shoulder belt and at 50 lbs for a lap belt only if I remember correctly. That is why mine was either 3rd row center or I had to get tethers put in.

Oh, your right. I was looking at the lap belt part of the instructions.

The post-adversary regent has more rules than I can keep up with.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC