Need input on Britax Marathon fabric/covers

cates_mom

HI guys,
I am Mom to 10 month old Cate, and though she is fine in her infant seat, I know it's only a matter of time before she will be ready to move up to a convertible car seat. So, I've decided on a Britax Marathon, and since Britax is running a bit of a sale now, I'm probably going to buy soon.

I would love to hear feedback from others on all plush seats vs. plush w/nylon in the middle vs cotton....I'm so confused! I want her to be comfortable, so I was thinking all plush was the way to go. But then a few folks told me the nylon in the middle was nice b/c it was easy to clean..and possibly a little cooler in summer vs the plush. Is that true? Albee baby has the black/plum or black/teal Marathons on sale...I was considering that, but I think the middle part is that nylon..maybe that's ok? Would love to hear pros and cons of both --I need to make a decision soon! Thanks,

lori

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have denim, onyx and granite currently. My favorite is denim, then granite, then onyx. Even w/rear air in my Suburban, the boys will get sweaty in the onyx seats during the summer. It's definitely my least favorite in that sense. The demin just feels nice to the touch. The plush ones, are wonderful to the touch...but they do sweat in those too, although not nearly as bad as the onyx. I LOVE the look of onyx, and it is easy to clean...I just hate how they sweat in it. :(

monstah

I believe kids get hotter in the plush fabrics than in the ones with the "nylon" center.

I had an Onyx, and now have a Meghan BLVD. Love them both equally.

Is one more comfy than another? I don't think little guys think so.
I'd go with the one you like the most. You are going to be looking at it all the time.

For what it's worth, I love the aqua marathon and at that price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I needed one.

cates_mom

Thanks guys for your input...

2mykids --do you also like the marathon plum? basically a purple color running down the middle? i think the teal will clash just a bit with my car which is royal blue...so that's my dilemma. I'm also trying to figure out what the fabric is in the middle --probably similar to the onyx i'm guessing?

Or I'm thinking abt the denim, which i think would go nicely....but kayzkids --i know you say that you think that is most comfortable...how would you describe the fabric? i know it's not plush, is it more like a smooth microfiber? doesn't look that way from the pics so i'm just trying to figure it out...

the marathon/purple is a better deal --$219. But I can get the new denim on amazon with the $25 discount for $235, not much more, and worth it if that material is better....

thanks again,

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Or I'm thinking abt the denim, which i think would go nicely....but kayzkids --i know you say that you think that is most comfortable...how would you describe the fabric? i know it's not plush, is it more like a smooth microfiber? doesn't look that way from the pics so i'm just trying to figure it out...

It feels like a heavy cotton. From what I'm told, the more you wash/use it, it will break it in like your favorite pair of jeans. I absolutely love my denim covers...and would kill for Britax to make a denim cover for my DCs. I'd snatch 3 up in a heart beat. :)

natysr

I couldn't decide, so I have one of each. :D Right now the denim is on one of my Marathons and the Onyx is on the other marathon. I have a greystone sitting on top of my dryer. I love them all! I love my Marathon!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC