So crazy excited about the new VW!!!!

BabyKaykes

I've never been this happy about a car before, but I just found out the the new VW Routan is a MINIVAN!!! I thought it was just another crossover SUV!!!

I have always loved VWs, but the old van was FUGLY!!! And the Toureg just isn't big enough. I cannot WAIT to see the Routan in person. It may just trump my need for the Mazda 5.

ADS

stevel

the routan is nothing more than a reworked dodge grand caravan. nicer interior, but otherwise, the same vehicle. take that for what it's worth.

some reading.... no stow 'n go even.....

routan

and from what i was told at vw training...... it is only to be a couple year run vehicle.........

Morganthe

I like the VW Sharon, a small (compared to US) minivan we looked at in 1999. Still manufactured, but only in overseas markets. No US specs option to ship it if we purchased it in Germany :crying:

scatterbunny

I like it (but then, I like the new Grand Caravan/Town and Country, too :p ). And I'm one who never liked the newer Nissan Quest or Toyota Sienna. I adore the Odyssey, though.

cpsaddict

You know, when I saw the commercial for the new VW van, I was thinking it looked so familiar. Now I know where I saw it! My friend is for sure getting a new Caravan and we have looked at them several times and I must say, I do like the styling slightly better on the Routan.
Now, my dream van is a 2008 Sienna Limited with AWD. I would love a Odyssey Touring, but I need AWD.

BabyKaykes

Has anyone seen the commercial? What seats are those? Are they true fits?

Nope, they're Comfortsports :thumbsdown:

I've never come across a VW I didn't like....aside from the Eurovan. And I don't need all the extra storage or space. I don't even keep much in my trunk now. An umbrella stroller and a squeegee, lol.

Ice Princess

VW sent us a mailer with that van in it. I was quickly turned off. I will never own a VW again. At least not while I live in the city I do. Both dealerships are a pain and we have yet found a local mechanic that is honest and truly knows what they are doing. We used to drive 500 miles to our mechanic until he was killed.

agurlsride

I gotta have one! Love it! Reminds me of a bigger version of the MPV we used to have...I miss that car..:-( I only wish I could afford the VW.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Nope, Not impressed for 2 reasons. One I am not a minivan fan. Second you couldn't get me to own a VW ever again. I owned an '03 Passat that SUCKED. We only owned it for 18mths and it visited the shop 21 times most were poor quality control issues and some major mechanical issues.

DustysSweety

The body shape looks like they are trying to copy the new town and country and trying to look like a honda from the back

I don't like that you have to take the captain chairs out to have cargo space.:thumbsdown:
I have a 07 Quest and can lay the captain chairs down pretty flat and with the bench down have lots of cargo space.

I do like how all the controls are in the middle area of the dash like the quest so it makes everything easy to control.:thumbsup:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
It greatly resembles a Chrysler minivan because it is essentially a rebadged Chrysler minivan through an arrangement between Chrysler and VW, as Stevel posted earlier in the thread. :)

Shanora

whats with the back bench seat?? It looks like it might cause problems to get a seat installed in there with the proper angle....also there are NO tether hooks in the back at all....you can see them on the captian chairs.....seriously whats with Van makers now anyhow.....

As much as I would LOVE to trade in my Mini for a new one (Ford 03'), it seem that the newer ones don't have as many tether points or Latch points......*sigh*

Citrine

I think in the third row middle, it looks like a tether anchor by the bottom of the seat. its a little black bar. Not sure though. I dont mind the look of it. The front reminds me of a honda van and the back reminds me of sabb suv, not sure of the name of the sabb suv.

Olivia 4.26.04 37lb 44in FF Regant/GN
Makayla 9.16.06 26lb 30in RF Wizard

sirrahn

OP didn't have kids in anticipation of getting this VW van, did she? :)

We love our Passat and have had no problems with it, but those commercials alone make me want to run far away from any VW dealership ever again. Are they supposed to be funny:confused: :p

We love our Passat and have had no problems with it, but those commercials alone make me want to run far away from any VW dealership ever again. Are they supposed to be funny:confused: :p

I think so. I'm not sure. I laughed. But cuz they were so incredibly corny and ridiculous. But that may have been the intention. Sneaky... :p

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
whats with the back bench seat?? It looks like it might cause problems to get a seat installed in there with the proper angle....also there are NO tether hooks in the back at all....you can see them on the captian chairs.....seriously whats with Van makers now anyhow.....

As much as I would LOVE to trade in my Mini for a new one (Ford 03'), it seem that the newer ones don't have as many tether points or Latch points......*sigh*

My husband completely cracked up when he found out that what sold me on the 8 pass. Sienna, after initially not liking it, is that is has 5 full sets of LATCH. :ROTFLMAO: He thinks I'm insane (but agrees we want lots of kids so it's a good choice-- but he didn't know THAT would be my sell point!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC