INSTALL Help -True fit

Pepse

My friend has a True fit installed in her Corolla S for her 9 month old son.

She has sent me this pics (I have permission to post them) and said the manual says the red line has to be parell to the ground. I think it is WAY to reclined.

Right now he is under the 22lbs so doesn't need the head rest but wants to make sure the seat will still fit with the headrest.

Please HELP

Thanks

EDITED: I am not close enough to help with the intal. She is in Ottawa if there is a tech that way. TIA

xcar.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

mykidsmylife

I am not a tech but I can tell you for sure without a doubt that that is WAY to reclined. It about knocked me outta my chair seeing it laying back that much. LOL.
For a 9m old the seat can be much more upright. The line is mainly for a 45 degree angle which she doesnt have to have. And even the it is too reclined for that. She has the line parralel with the seat not the floor.

Are you able to help her install it?

Here is a pic from amazon. It should be similar to this...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/im...s&img=PT02&qid=1199096372&sr=8-1&color_name=3

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
That is WAY WAY too reclined. Post in the Cdn & Int'l forum since there are a couple of techs in Ottawa. I might just move this thread there.

mommycat

I hope you find a tech to help locally. I find that the seat tends to look very reclined when the level line is level (ETA: especially when the headrest is off!), but agree that she doesn't need the full 45 degree angle at 9 months old unless baby has health issues which make it so.

This thread has a lot of TrueFit pictures: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=48629

ETA: pages 12 through 14 of the Estimating RF recline angles... novel method thread also have other TrueFit installations checked.

It's really hard to tell in that picture because so little of the surroundings show up (eg door frame, etc)

Last edited:

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The True Fit manual does say that the red line needs to be parallel to the ground, but since they've printed it, they've changed their stance. The True Fit is now allowed to be anywhere from 35° to 45° reclined. 45° is the maximum amount that seat should be reclined, and you're right, that seat looks to be way beyond it. The red line is only a sticker, and may not have been applied correctly - she probably shouldn't use it as a true indication of the angle.

HTH! :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think the seat looks over reclined in that picture, but I am somewhat wondering if it's the angle of the picture making it look worse than it is. I know that when the red line is even to the ground it looks over reclined in the best of circumstances. With this not being a straight side shot, I'm not sure if the picture is fully accurate or if it's looking more reclined than it is.

Probably still over reclined at any rate, but not as much as it may look in this picture...

tiggercat

It looks too reclined to me, but pictures are often misleading, IME.

I'm local to her, if she needs help, though I don't have a lot of experience with the TF.

Perhaps suggest she use the folded paper trick. Fold a piece of paper to make a triangle, and place the long side along the seat back. The top should be parallel with the ground.

mommy_quigg

If she can post a picture with the opposite door closed and standing back a bit so I can see the window sill, I can measure the angle.

Pepse

Thanks ladies

She found a tech on friday who installed it for me on the right angle. Big difference.

They both think its super dumb for the company to have the red line saying the seat must be parallel to the ground because when it is..its how hers looked before.

and she might have actually found a babysitter now too when she goes back to work.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC